Giants Novels By James P Hogan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2010, 06:14 AM

Giants Novels By James P Hogan
I found out recently that one of my favorite authors passed away in mid-July. James P Hogan wrote many novels. However, my favorite series was the Giant's novels and they were a masterpiece of hard science. I have to say that I have reread the series a few times just because the discussions on evolution are awesome! I was hooked fairly early in the first book and it did not disappoint. I highly recommend this series to those who like to read science that does not seemingly sound so impossible!
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
RE: Giants Novels By James P Hogan
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try to check them out sometime.

On another note - sorry the guy passed away. It's odd, but it sucks when a favorite author or artist dies. Maybe you didn't know them personally, but you knew their work, and it touched you in some way. It sucks to lose that.

Hope he lived a good life!

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2010, 11:30 PM

RE: Giants Novels By James P Hogan
James P Hogan was a good writer of hard science fiction; his stories, reminiscent of Asimov, were especially well grounded in science. The first novel of the Giant's Series is a huge detective novel, trying one piece of evidence at a time to solve the mystery of a 25,000 year old body in a space suit discovered on the moon.

Unfortunately, in the last 10-15 years of his life Hogan became a profound woo. He was into Veliskovsky (his latest books were written with Worlds in Collision as a backdrop), AIDS/HIV denial, and just about every other form of "hyper-skepticallity" one could mention.
Quote this message in a reply