Gideons bible, hand out propaganda and door to door relations.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 01:57 PM
RE: Gideons bible, hand out propaganda and door to door relations.
(05-01-2012 01:55 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 01:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Again, you can't justify defacing someone's property. You don't "own" anything in that room, you are simply renting. You have zero right to destroy any property you are renting as it is not yours.

Like I said, if it's that much of an issue, speak to the hotel and have them remove the Bible. If that's too much of a hassle, ignore it.

They have the right to place a Bible in the room because the owners of the room said that they have a right to. That's their private property and they can do with it how they please.

Not really sure why you feel so entitled to destroy someone's property just because you don't agree with it.

SO..if i took the book home with me, was lead to the lord and lived a GIGANTIC life for christ......the act of 'stealing' that private property...is that OK?
The Gidz i have spoken with leave those books to be taken, which means they are giving up the rights of ownership. They are hoping some lost atheist like myself finds one warm and fuzzy verse that leads me to a life for baby jesus.

D

Didn't know that fact. If that's the case, then it is your right to do whatever you like to them.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 01:59 PM

(05-01-2012 01:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 01:55 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 01:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Again, you can't justify defacing someone's property. You don't "own" anything in that room, you are simply renting. You have zero right to destroy any property you are renting as it is not yours.

Like I said, if it's that much of an issue, speak to the hotel and have them remove the Bible. If that's too much of a hassle, ignore it.

They have the right to place a Bible in the room because the owners of the room said that they have a right to. That's their private property and they can do with it how they please.

Not really sure why you feel so entitled to destroy someone's property just because you don't agree with it.

SO..if i took the book home with me, was lead to the lord and lived a GIGANTIC life for christ......the act of 'stealing' that private property...is that OK?
The Gidz i have spoken with leave those books to be taken, which means they are giving up the rights of ownership. They are hoping some lost atheist like myself finds one warm and fuzzy verse that leads me to a life for baby jesus.

D

Didn't know that fact. If that's the case, then it is your right to do whatever you like to them.

Answer my question please.

Here it is again......

Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes. The act of stealing is wrong. If something good came from it, then so be it because there will always be exceptions; however, stealing something isn't right.

05-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Here's a link to a tavel website that covers a thing or two.....

http://www.sleeping-around.com/practical...heft.shtml

WHEN IS IT "THEFT?"
So now we know what you CAN take without fear of arrest and incarceration. What is it that you can't legitimately spirit away from the hotel? What is considered "theft?"
Almost anything else.

No bathrobes, towels, sheets, pillows, pillowcases, bedspreads, ashtrays, glasses. No washcloths, drapes, desklamps, shower curtains, phone books, headboards or artwork. No throw pillows, bath rugs, room-service dishes, mattress pads or light fixtures. Not the glossy hardcover destination books that sit on the desk, although the weekly magazines are fine. The Gideon Bible is fine too[/i].
[i]
05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
(05-01-2012 02:22 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Here's a link to a tavel website that covers a thing or two.....

WHEN IS IT "THEFT?"
So now we know what you CAN take without fear of arrest and incarceration. What is it that you can't legitimately spirit away from the hotel? What is considered "theft?"
Almost anything else.

No bathrobes, towels, sheets, pillows, pillowcases, bedspreads, ashtrays, glasses. No washcloths, drapes, desklamps, shower curtains, phone books, headboards or artwork. No throw pillows, bath rugs, room-service dishes, mattress pads or light fixtures. Not the glossy hardcover destination books that sit on the desk, although the weekly magazines are fine. The Gideon Bible is fine too[/i].
[i]

Yep. Then you can do whatever you want with the Bible. Didn't know that they allowed it to be taken.

05-01-2012, 02:26 PM

(05-01-2012 02:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes. The act of stealing is wrong. If something good came from it, then so be it because there will always be exceptions; however, stealing something isn't right.

So taking a donkey (ass) from someone else without permission....stealing, right? :-)

(Just so you know i have heard the "God owns everything" apologetic on the ASS story as well as when Mary got impregnated, i found that argument even more tasteless as it related to mary).
(05-01-2012 02:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:22 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Here's a link to a tavel website that covers a thing or two.....

WHEN IS IT "THEFT?"
Almost anything else.

[i]

Yep. Then you can do whatever you want with the Bible. Didn't know that they allowed it to be taken.

Wow, the Forefathers/Constitution and now the Gideons. We are showing the matrix to you one red pill at a time!!! Welcome to the real world..Neo!
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
05-01-2012, 02:32 PM
(05-01-2012 02:26 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes. The act of stealing is wrong. If something good came from it, then so be it because there will always be exceptions; however, stealing something isn't right.

So taking a donkey (ass) from someone else without permission....stealing, right? :-)

(Just so you know i have heard the "God owns everything" apologetic on the ASS story as well as when Mary got impregnated, i found that argument even more tasteless as it related to mary).

Yes. Stealing is wrong, but sometimes justified (like murder ie self defense).

And to be honest, if there isn't a law strictly prohibiting an act, then acts that are usually "immoral" but are done for a greater good, are in fact, not wrong. Like I said, there are always exceptions.

ex:
Killing an intruder.
Lying to protect someone's life who is innocent (such as lying to a Nazi soldier about harboring Jews during WWII).
Stealing objects that would cause harm from someone who is suicidal or manic.
etc

05-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Plus stealing the subject matter of a thread..... and candy from babies. They can't even fight back the losers.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm very sorry to cut in, but I saw you wanted to know more about mormonism, Denicio. This is an old mormonism cartoon if any of you are interested. I found it amazing and have questioned my mormon friend to find out if this is true. They've changed some things but it is the gist of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk

Sorry again for interrupting and being off topic but I do look forward to your thoughts on it.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
05-01-2012, 04:09 PM

(05-01-2012 03:53 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I'm very sorry to cut in, but I saw you wanted to know more about mormonism, Denicio. This is an old mormonism cartoon if any of you are interested. I found it amazing and have questioned my mormon friend to find out if this is true. They've changed some things but it is the gist of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk

Sorry again for interrupting and being off topic but I do look forward to your thoughts on it.

"Endless Celestial Sex"...holy shit! Where can i give up my soul for this????

I like the way GOD bats his eyes all sexy like at mary. Priceless!

Thanks for the kooky cartoon. The one from South Park is pretty good too!

D