Gideons bible, hand out propaganda and door to door relations.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2012, 02:28 AM
RE: Gideons bible, hand out propaganda and door to door relations.
I've always wanted to write on the pages or sticky note 'thinking' questions in there hotel room bibles, lol.

I don't necessarily think taking bibles away is going to help or even worth it. I just think having an alternative would be class act. In a few hotels I've seen pamphlets for local help lines and stuff- that's cool. Doesn't have to be about helping, either though. Just maybe thought provoking stuff- nothing that necessarily has to be united (as atheists) like the bible is for Christians. Just random stuff.

One time I was having a medical emergency in a hotel room and my mom was with me. I was in a lot of pain and I asked for something to read or TV to get my mind off of it until help arrived. She opened the bible (lol) and I began reading. That shit was so boring! Instead I focused on the ye ol' english it used to entertain me (ha ha!). That was the only time I ever read it at a hotel, poor gideons were probably wishing it would change my life.

I have seen the bus ads. I liked the attempt and think it's HORRIBLE that someone opposes another's free speech. So make a christian quoted bus, they can both drive around! lol

The way the world works for EVERYTHING now if marketing and advertising. The water you drink, the stuff you wipe with, the way you should feel, lifestyle you should live etc. It's so sly too. Sneaky! Why shouldn't we spread thinking? It doesn't have to take away, but it can open new doors.

Simple stuff on bulletin boards, ads on computers, pamphlets in hotel rooms.

All I ever want people to know is truth in this sham of a world- maybe one day I'll come up with something a little more organized.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
(05-01-2012 04:09 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:53 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I'm very sorry to cut in, but I saw you wanted to know more about mormonism, Denicio. This is an old mormonism cartoon if any of you are interested. I found it amazing and have questioned my mormon friend to find out if this is true. They've changed some things but it is the gist of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk

Sorry again for interrupting and being off topic but I do look forward to your thoughts on it.

"Endless Celestial Sex"...holy shit! Where can i give up my soul for this????

I like the way GOD bats his eyes all sexy like at mary. Priceless!

Thanks for the kooky cartoon. The one from South Park is pretty good too!

D

Be careful Denicio, if your a mormon follower and you don't follow it strictly then you risk castration upon being judged by Eloheim, Joseph Smith and the Mormon Jesus.

I love the part where God looks at Mary. All I imagine him saying is: "Hey, baby."

I just can't view mormonism other then a sex cult.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
07-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Who's that Terry Pratchett character... the one who's an Omnian and hands out pamphlets all the time? I can't see myself ever handing out life-improving pamphlets.

While looking for the character I found this Big Grin
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cockney_Bible