Giod books suggestions.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Giod books suggestions.
Hello everyone... I watch a lot of videos on YouTube about atheism I want to buy 4-5 books now on Amazon... Could you give me some new recommendations please? And just to let you know I don't like books that are too sophisticated or too emotional sentimental a balance between the two... I'm talking about atheist books... And just to let you know I've had some before from Seth Andrews guy P Harrison Dan Barker pz Myers, etc.... Thank you....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 09:31 AM
RE: Giod books suggestions.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "about atheism".

Do you mean counter-to-Christian-apologetics books?

Do you mean "books about being happy as an atheist"?

Do you mean "books about skepticism and the scientific method of evaluating claims"?

For starters, I'd recommend The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan (which is really about how to think rationally, without falling for bad claims like pseudoscience and mysticism, not specifically about atheism), and perhaps the now-quite-infamous The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
04-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Atheist Universe: The Thinking Person's Answer to Christian Fundamentalism.

"Atheist Universe avoids the esoteric language used by philosophers and presents its scientific evidence in simple lay terms, making it a richly entertaining and easy-to-read introduction to atheism. A comprehensive primer, it addresses all the historical and scientific questions, including: Is there proof that God does not exist? What evidence is there of Jesus' resurrection? Can creation science reconcile scripture with the latest scientific discoveries?"

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
04-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Giod books suggestions.
I could reccomend:
- Atheism: A Very Short Introduction by Julian Baggini
- 50 Great Myths About Atheism by Russel Blackford
- Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon by Daniel Dennett

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Have you had a chance to browse our library?

Plenty there for all tastes.

Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post