Girl wounded in attack on Jerusalem gay pride parade dies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Girl wounded in attack on Jerusalem gay pride parade dies
Read All About It

There are times when I'm proud of my Jewish heritage. Jews were at the forefront of the civil rights movement, and that was prior to the 1960s. But, then along comes a story like this one, and I'm reminded that Judaism isn't just a culture but is also an actual religion, and its adherents can be as bat shit crazy, and dangerous, as the followers of any other religion.

What version of an all loving god wants you to go stab innocent people and is ok with the murder of a 16 year old girl? How can any sane person possibly reconcile these actions with the concept of an all loving deity? It's fucking beyond me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 03:00 PM
RE: Girl wounded in attack on Jerusalem gay pride parade dies
I'm sure Netanyahoo will figure out a way to put the assailant in the cabinet.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
02-08-2015, 03:03 PM
(02-08-2015 02:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  Read All About It

There are times when I'm proud of my Jewish heritage. Jews were at the forefront of the civil rights movement, and that was prior to the 1960s. But, then along comes a story like this one, and I'm reminded that Judaism isn't just a culture but is also an actual religion, and its adherents can be as bat shit crazy, and dangerous, as the followers of any other religion.

What version of an all loving god wants you to go stab innocent people and is ok with the murder of a 16 year old girl? How can any sane person possibly reconcile these actions with the concept of an all loving deity? It's fucking beyond me.

It's fucking beyond you because there is no there to go beyond.

So sorry that this girl died, for everything she might have been as a human and also for her representation as a person among other persons.
03-08-2015, 09:55 AM
(02-08-2015 03:00 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I'm sure Netanyahoo will figure out a way to put the assailant in the cabinet.

He actually came out and asked for some scary levels of power to combat people like this. I'm not wild about his proposal but he certainly was quick to condemn this and is trying to take action to stop it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-08-2015, 10:08 AM
You can be proud of the part of your Jewish heritage that makes you proud. Screw the nutters, they are not who you are.