Girls banned from going to university.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Girls banned from going to university.
Source:
https://faithschoolersanonymous.uk/2016/...niversity/
Yesterday the Independent published a document, written in Yiddish, which detailed the decree of the prominent strictly Orthodox Charedi Jewish sect Satmar. The decree, aimed at the independent schools it operates in both the UK and around the world, reportedly says this:
“It has lately become the new trend that girls and married women are pursuing degrees in special education. Some attend classes and others online. And so we’d like to let their parents know that it is against the Torah.

“We will be very strict about this. No girls attending our school are allowed to study and get a degree. It is dangerous. Girls who will not abide will be forced to leave our school. Also, we will not give any jobs or teaching position in the school to girls who’ve been to college or have a degree.

“We have to keep our school safe and we can’t allow any secular influences in our holy environment. It is against the base upon which our Mosed was built.”

As shocking as this is, it’s nothing new.

Just a few months ago a judge upheld Ofsted’s decision to ban a Charedi school in Stamford Hill from admitting new pupils because it was, among other things, ‘fail[ing] to encourage respect for women and girls’ and teaching pupils ‘that women showing bare arms and legs are impure’. Last year, too, two schools in London reportedly wrote to parents to say that ‘no child will be allowed to learn in our school’ if they were driven in by their mothers, as this went ‘against the laws of modesty within our society’. The schools were forced to drop the ban after the Equality and Human Rights Commission deemed it ‘unlawful’......
Unquote
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2016, 01:44 AM
RE: Girls banned from going to university.
Is anyone calling Ofsted "Judeophobic"?

Just curious.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
26-08-2016, 01:48 AM
(26-08-2016 01:30 AM)Zeff Wrote:  Source:
Yesterday the Independent published a document, written in Yiddish, which detailed the decree of the prominent strictly Orthodox Charedi Jewish sect Satmar. The decree, aimed at the independent schools it operates in both the UK and around the world, reportedly says this:
“It has lately become the new trend that girls and married women are pursuing degrees in special education. Some attend classes and others online. And so we’d like to let their parents know that it is against the Torah.

“We will be very strict about this. No girls attending our school are allowed to study and get a degree. It is dangerous. Girls who will not abide will be forced to leave our school. Also, we will not give any jobs or teaching position in the school to girls who’ve been to college or have a degree.

“We have to keep our school safe and we can’t allow any secular influences in our holy environment. It is against the base upon which our Mosed was built.”

Just a few months ago a judge upheld Ofsted’s decision to ban a Charedi school in Stamford Hill from admitting new pupils because it was, among other things, ‘fail[ing] to encourage respect for women and girls’ and teaching pupils ‘that women showing bare arms and legs are impure’. Last year, too, two schools in London reportedly wrote to parents to say that ‘no child will be allowed to learn in our school’ if they were driven in by their mothers, as this went ‘against the laws of modesty within our society’. The schools were forced to drop the ban after the Equality and Human Rights Commission deemed it ‘unlawful’......
Unquote
This is one if tbe few things that really gets up my nose! There are other problems in schools of other so-called faiths but this is one of the most heinous IMO.

It is about time such schools were shut down, or "liberated" as community schools under secular management.

I actually do support a local, quite liberal, Anglican primary "academy" nearby. But only in matters scientific or artistic.I also do a littke to support the secular secondary school as well.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
26-08-2016, 03:58 AM
This is why I get pissed at people who, while rightfully pointing at the transgressions of the middle east, far too many, including some atheists, think sexism and human cruelty are strictly actions only Muslisms can do. Our species behaviors while humans falsely attribute them to a holy book, the book itself is the excuse, but not the source. Our species was around long before any written religion or national boarders. Sexism and violence have always existed worldwide. The west only learned to become more civil in spite of religion, not because of it.

There are pockets of sexism and justifications for tribalism that have been made by every religion, including those of Asia and the Orient. It isn't that you can rid the entire world of 7 billion of any religion, but some seem to forget the difference between criticism and blasphemy and demagoguery. If you criticize Islam, that is certainly needed, but in that process do not act like Islam owns a patent on sexism and cruelty.

There are right wing Jews as well, I have read stories of their sexist men holding up airlines refusing to sit next to women. I have read stories of defacing women on billboards and even ice cream shops because "licking" ice cream in public is too sexual.

Our species behaviors are not in holy books or religious labels. Our species behaviors, good or bad, are evolutionary. There is not one nation friend or foe alike, that does not have hospitals or prisons.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Brian37's post
26-08-2016, 07:36 AM

Unquote

The Satmars are nothing short of bananas. They are one of the worst examples of Jewish fundamentalism (or any fundamentalism), ranking in only behind Lev Tahor, IMHO.

If we can cling to one thing about the Satmar sect, it’s that they don’t proselytize or even do Jewish outreach. Their numbers at the turn of the last century were just over 100,000 people, and today those numbers have dwindled to 50,000. So at least there’s that.

The first question that popped into my head when I read your post was, “What exactly is being referred to as “studying” in this case. Someone from outside of the community would likely immediately equate the terms studying and online classes with earning a degree in business, nursing, or computer science.

…. Except when I clicked the link, it seemed that’s exactly what it was referring to. I’ve got nothing here.

Fucking Satmars! Angry
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
26-08-2016, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 07:52 AM by OrdoSkeptica.)
(26-08-2016 01:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Is anyone calling Ofsted "Judeophobic"?

Just curious.

Dodgy

That's not even a thing considering Satmars are loony Jews and there's a massive deference between this and any incident involving Islam so kindly save it !Angry

[Image: giphy.gif]
26-08-2016, 07:56 AM
(26-08-2016 07:36 AM)Aliza Wrote:  

Unquote

The Satmars are nothing short of bananas. They are one of the worst examples of Jewish fundamentalism (or any fundamentalism), ranking in only behind Lev Tahor, IMHO.

If we can cling to one thing about the Satmar sect, it’s that they don’t proselytize or even do Jewish outreach. Their numbers at the turn of the last century were just over 100,000 people, and today those numbers have dwindled to 50,000. So at least there’s that.

The first question that popped into my head when I read your post was, “What exactly is being referred to as “studying” in this case. Someone from outside of the community would likely immediately equate the terms studying and online classes with earning a degree in business, nursing, or computer science.

…. Except when I clicked the link, it seemed that’s exactly what it was referring to. I’ve got nothing here.

Fucking Satmars! Angry

Indeed fuck the Satmars! they are as bad for Jews as Islamic fundamentalists are for Islam for those of us able to freaking tell the difference between Fundies and believers who are not batshit insaneAngry

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
26-08-2016, 09:18 AM
From the article linked:

"...And last year the Rabia Girls’ and Boys’ School in Luton was criticised by inspectors for, among other things, teaching a design and technology syllabus which ‘limits girls to activities on knitting and sewing’."

The Rabia School of Luton is not even Jewish. It's an independent Islamic faith school. My confidence in the integrity of this article is compromised when I learn that the author can't tell the difference between Muslims and Jews.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
26-08-2016, 10:44 AM
(26-08-2016 09:18 AM)Aliza Wrote:  From the article linked:

"...And last year the Rabia Girls’ and Boys’ School in Luton was criticised by inspectors for, among other things, teaching a design and technology syllabus which ‘limits girls to activities on knitting and sewing’."

The Rabia School of Luton is not even Jewish. It's an independent Islamic faith school. My confidence in the integrity of this article is compromised when I learn that the author can't tell the difference between Muslims and Jews.
See your point, Alias. It could have been a fairly typical editing error, still not excusable but...

In an editorial meeting talk can drift around the subject. Islamic schools may have been mentioned, notes made and the school mistakenly added in.

Still incompetence but may not affect the veracity of the other stuff. But it is one reason I never buy papers; they either make stuff up, inflate with irrelevant anecdotes and speculation, print their own biased opinions or simply get it wrong!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
26-08-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 10:53 AM by DLJ.)
(26-08-2016 07:44 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 01:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Is anyone calling Ofsted "Judeophobic"?

Just curious.

Dodgy

That's not even a thing ...

Exactly my point.

Yes

(26-08-2016 09:18 AM)Aliza Wrote:  From the article linked:

"... a design and technology syllabus which ‘limits girls to activities on knitting and sewing’."

Coincidentally... that was also the case for the CofE school I attended. Boys did woodwork and stuff; girls did 'domestic sciences'.

Good to see that times have changed in Blighty.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post