Girly goes Kafka

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2016, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 07:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
Girly goes Kafka
So my shaman says I need to go into a 3-day treatment program to eliminate the alcohol because it is preventing his concoctions from working. I say, "I'm game. Let's give it a go." So I go in yesterday around 1500 and a nice physician's assistant checks me in, an excellent phlebotomist takes my blood, and then a pleasant armed security guard watches me change into a blue-is-the-new-orange flattering attire and leads me into a room which locks behind me and some nurse starts yelling at me about some red line on the floor "YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME." "RED LINE. DO NOT CROSS. GOT IT. I REQUIRE NO FURTHER INSTRUCTION." Way to treat me like an idiot right out of the box fucking asshole.

And then things went downhill. Witch Doctor told me to check in with an BAC at least >0.08. pfffft, that's just lunch time for me and I went in with an BAC of 0.28. Pretty much my cruising altitude. I give them a list of all my medications. I need my Seroquel and Trazodone to sleep. I spend an hour or 2 jibberjabbing with the other drunks and bothering the staff and another 3 hours staring at a blank beige on beige wall. I can work with white on white but I can't live with beige on beige without some lysergic acid diethylamide or psilocybin support. Around 2130 I was stone cold sober and realized I was gonna be staring at that fucking blank wall stone cold sober for another 12 hours. Girly's fucking outta here. Dudes didn't know what to make of that. "The doctor has to release you." The fuck she does I'm about to go all illegal detention all over your ass. Release was suddenly authorized.

This is not the proper way to detox people by treating them like criminals. This is not the way Suburban Hospital detoxed ManlyGirl. In the 9 hours I was there I never saw a single doctor.

I guess I learned how we treat drunks. I left feeling like a useless piece of shit having to plead my own freedom. .... fucking assholes. ... yeah, that helped my treatment a lot. ... fucking assholes.

[Image: wow_1.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-07-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: Girly goes Kafka
(02-07-2016 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So my shaman says I need to go into a 3-day treatment program to eliminate the alcohol because it is preventing his concoctions from working. I say, "I'm game. Let's give it a go." So I go in yesterday around 1500 and a nice physician's assistant checks me in, an excellent phlebotomist takes my blood, and then an armed security guard watches me change into a blue-is-the-new-orange flattering attire and leads me into a room which locks behind me and some nurse starts yelling at me about some red line on the floor "YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME." "RED LINE. DO NOT CROSS. GOT IT. I REQUIRE NO FURTHER INSTRUCTION."

And then things went downhill. Witch Doctor told me to check in with an ABC at least >0.08. pfffft, that's just lunch time for me and I went in with an ABC of 0.28. Pretty much my cruising altitude. I give them a list of all my medications. I need my Seroquel and Trazodone to sleep. I spend an hour or 2 jibberjabbing with the other drunks and bothering the staff and another 3 hours staring at a blank beige on beige wall. I can work with white on white but I can't live with beige on beige without some lysergic acid diethylamide or psilocybin. Around 2130 I was stone cold sober and realized I was gonna be staring at that fucking blank wall stone cold sober for another 12 hours. Girly's fucking ouuta here. Dudes didn't know what to make of that. "The doctor has to release you." The fuck she does I'm about to go all illegal detention all over your ass.

This is not the proper way to detox people by treating them like criminals. This is not the way Suburban Hospital detoxed ManlyGirl.

I guess I learned how we treat drunks.

I got to visit a similar place several years ago. They weren't the hardass types but they gave so many drugs that I was more loaded than when I got there.
02-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Holy fuck.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-07-2016, 05:13 PM
(02-07-2016 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So my shaman says I need to go into a 3-day treatment program to eliminate the alcohol because it is preventing his concoctions from working. I say, "I'm game. Let's give it a go." So I go in yesterday around 1500 and a nice physician's assistant checks me in, an excellent phlebotomist takes my blood, and then an armed security guard watches me change into a blue-is-the-new-orange flattering attire and leads me into a room which locks behind me and some nurse starts yelling at me about some red line on the floor "YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME." "RED LINE. DO NOT CROSS. GOT IT. I REQUIRE NO FURTHER INSTRUCTION."

And then things went downhill. Witch Doctor told me to check in with an ABC at least >0.08. pfffft, that's just lunch time for me and I went in with an ABC of 0.28. Pretty much my cruising altitude. I give them a list of all my medications. I need my Seroquel and Trazodone to sleep. I spend an hour or 2 jibberjabbing with the other drunks and bothering the staff and another 3 hours staring at a blank beige on beige wall. I can work with white on white but I can't live with beige on beige without some lysergic acid diethylamide or psilocybin. Around 2130 I was stone cold sober and realized I was gonna be staring at that fucking blank wall stone cold sober for another 12 hours. Girly's fucking outta here. Dudes didn't know what to make of that. "The doctor has to release you." The fuck she does I'm about to go all illegal detention all over your ass. Release was suddenly authorized.

This is not the proper way to detox people by treating them like criminals. This is not the way Suburban Hospital detoxed ManlyGirl. In the 9 hours I was there I never saw a single doctor.

I guess I learned how we treat drunks. I left feeling like a useless piece of shit having to plead my own freedom. .... fucking assholes. ... yeah, that helped my treatment a lot. ... fucking assholes.

[Image: bearhug_zps5kqkvfbj.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Tell your shaman what happened, tell your shaman that the place is unacceptable, and tell your shaman to find a different place.

Or get a new shaman.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
02-07-2016, 05:27 PM
That does suck. Addiction and recovery is difficult enough without the shaming.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-07-2016, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 06:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-07-2016 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tell your shaman what happened, tell your shaman that the place is unacceptable, and tell your shaman to find a different place.

There was an eye in the sky. Shaman knows what happened. .... What pissed me off the most? "We're only keeping you here until your BAC is 0." Yabut my BAC is already 0 and you fuckers ain't checked it yet after 8 hours and you ain't checking it again for another 12 hours. I'm going home. ... fucking assholes. You don't give a shit if my BAC is 0. You fuckers don't a shit about me at all. .... fucking assholes.
Girly went home.

#sigh
02-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Without knowing much about your situation I will say something obvious that I do know first hand for certain:

Alcoholism is brutal.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
02-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Shit brotherman, sorry you had to deal with that. Next time dump the shaman and go with a Bokor, but make sure he ain’t lacing your meds with detrodotoxin powder from dessicated pufferfish.

This from one of our talks...

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-07-2016, 06:12 PM
[Image: b98ecdac6b6783b7c7c9264852f68186.jpg]

Hug

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post