Girly goes Kafka

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: Girly goes Kafka
(04-07-2016 04:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Get yourself well Girly, we need you around here. Heart

I second that. Girly's one of my favorite people on TTA. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-07-2016, 05:52 PM
[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Thumpa's advice sounds good to me. If the VA supplies good help, try it out.

Other than that I don't know what to say. Other than I do hope you get through this. As has been said, you are needed around here.

Good luck mate. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
05-07-2016, 08:10 AM
(02-07-2016 04:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So my shaman says I need to go into a 3-day treatment program to eliminate the alcohol because it is preventing his concoctions from working. I say, "I'm game. Let's give it a go." So I go in yesterday around 1500 and a nice physician's assistant checks me in, an excellent phlebotomist takes my blood, and then a pleasant armed security guard watches me change into a blue-is-the-new-orange flattering attire and leads me into a room which locks behind me and some nurse starts yelling at me about some red line on the floor "YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME." "RED LINE. DO NOT CROSS. GOT IT. I REQUIRE NO FURTHER INSTRUCTION." Way to treat me like an idiot right out of the box fucking asshole.

And then things went downhill. Witch Doctor told me to check in with an BAC at least >0.08. pfffft, that's just lunch time for me and I went in with an BAC of 0.28. Pretty much my cruising altitude. I give them a list of all my medications. I need my Seroquel and Trazodone to sleep. I spend an hour or 2 jibberjabbing with the other drunks and bothering the staff and another 3 hours staring at a blank beige on beige wall. I can work with white on white but I can't live with beige on beige without some lysergic acid diethylamide or psilocybin support. Around 2130 I was stone cold sober and realized I was gonna be staring at that fucking blank wall stone cold sober for another 12 hours. Girly's fucking outta here. Dudes didn't know what to make of that. "The doctor has to release you." The fuck she does I'm about to go all illegal detention all over your ass. Release was suddenly authorized.

This is not the proper way to detox people by treating them like criminals. This is not the way Suburban Hospital detoxed ManlyGirl. In the 9 hours I was there I never saw a single doctor.

I guess I learned how we treat drunks. I left feeling like a useless piece of shit having to plead my own freedom. .... fucking assholes. ... yeah, that helped my treatment a lot. ... fucking assholes.

[Image: wow_1.jpg]

Holy fuck. After reading that, I need a drink. That can't be good for anyone's sobriety.

Good luck. Addiction is a bitch. Just remember the people who need you to be clean and sober. Hopefully you like them and it motivates you. If you don't like them, then think of other people or other reasons. Just find a reason to take care of yourself.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost