Girly men

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Girly men
Today’s men are not nearly as strong as their dads were, researchers say

"In 1985, the typical 30-to-34-year-old man could squeeze your hand with 31 pounds more force than the typical woman of that age could. But today, older millennial men and women are roughly equal when it comes to grip strength.”

"This all may have implications for the current generation’s health outcomes down the road. Grip strength is a strong predictor of mortality in later life. If decreases in grip strength are reflective of an overall trend toward less physical activity, we may start to see that show up in changes in male life expectancy.”

[Image: test_strength.png]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...chers-say/

[Image: Was8957544.jpg&w=1484]

^not me, I could crush him like a bug.

I just came from the gym so I’m feeling strong.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Girly men
Fortunately, our daughters aren't.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Mortality later in life? What means that? The mortality of humans is 100% until further notice.
15-08-2016, 06:10 PM
(15-08-2016 06:04 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Mortality later in life? What means that? The mortality of humans is 100% until further notice.

“Mortality in later life”.
It is worded funny, maybe it should read, “Grip strength is a strong predictor of longevity.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-08-2016, 06:12 PM
(15-08-2016 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fortunately, our daughters aren't.

It was her socks that gave her the strength.

15-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Warning, arrogant self promotion follows:

My stepfather was a rugged bastard who would have been perfect in an old life on the prairie movie, no doubt about it. But the adult me would have mopped the floor with the adult him Tongue

'Murican Canadian
15-08-2016, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 06:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-08-2016 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fortunately, our daughters aren't.

It was her socks that gave her the strength.

She can lift like one and a half of fatass Girly over her head in single move and spin me around and have her way with me. Hobo

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-08-2016, 07:54 PM
(15-08-2016 06:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It was her socks that gave her the strength.

She can lift like one and a half of fatass Girly over her head in single move and spin me around and have her way with me. Hobo

...and you'd be panting in ecstasy. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-08-2016, 09:54 PM
(15-08-2016 06:04 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Mortality later in life? What means that? The mortality of humans is 100% until further notice.

... and it invariably comes late in life.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2016, 10:06 PM
(15-08-2016 09:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  .

... and it invariably comes late in life.

Damn near the end in most cases, Keith Richards excluded.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post