Girly's Oscar Picks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Girly's Oscar Picks
Citizen Four just won best documentary. I'm glad - it was one of the more gripping documentaries I've seen.

Was it my imagination or did they leave Philip Seymour Hoffman out of the death montage?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Girly, I think your list forgot to include Eddie Redmayne ... he received the best male actor award for portraying Dr Hawking.

His acceptance speech was great - he seems to be quite the spaz.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-02-2015, 11:10 PM
(22-02-2015 09:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Let us know who wins. I gots better things to do.

Well, I have to admit, my phone rang and they said "Turn it on. You need to see Lady Gaga". She was great !

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2015, 11:30 PM
(22-02-2015 09:55 PM)kim Wrote:  Was it my imagination or did they leave Philip Seymour Hoffman out of the death montage?

No, they added him last year, because he died just before the oscars aired last year. I believe it was decided he and Shirley Temple both deserved a mention.

I recall it was an unusual decision.

I'll admit I was rather surprised when lady gaga sang.

I'm still also floored that Birdman did as well as it did. Wow. Best Picture...just wow.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-02-2015, 11:34 PM
Yes, Lady Gaga sang a medley of songs from The Sound Of Music - with Dame Julie Andrews right there!! That had to be scary ... but fun. Lady Gaga did quite well. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-02-2015, 11:37 PM
(22-02-2015 11:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 09:55 PM)kim Wrote:  Was it my imagination or did they leave Philip Seymour Hoffman out of the death montage?

No, they added him last year, because he died just before the oscars aired last year. I believe it was decided he and Shirley Temple both deserved a mention.

I recall it was an unusual decision.
--

Oh ... ok. I noticed they also added Louis Jordan ... he died just last week.

22-02-2015, 11:51 PM
(22-02-2015 11:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Yes, Lady Gaga sang a medley of songs from The Sound Of Music - with Dame Julie Andrews right there!! That had to be scary ... but fun. Lady Gaga did quite well. Smile

We heard she was going to sing...and I went to the bathroom. Saw the sound of music montage and thought...they're going to have her sing? I'll admit, quite freely in fact, I've only heard a couple things she's done and didn't think much of it.

Hearing her actually sing without doing the 'pop star' thing...I was amazed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Yea, I felt she was a bit shaky at first but she pulled it off. She has done some duet work with Tony Bennett - contemporary stuff /Sinatra songs - so I think she's probably been working with a voice coach.

I've heard a few of her songs and she has a good voice. It's encouraging to know she's trying to expand her talent. Shy

23-02-2015, 03:27 AM
(23-02-2015 12:07 AM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I felt she was a bit shaky at first but she pulled it off. She has done some duet work with Tony Bennett - contemporary stuff /Sinatra songs - so I think she's probably been working with a voice coach.

I've heard a few of her songs and she has a good voice. It's encouraging to know she's trying to expand her talent. Shy

Scarlet Johansson said something like "You're about to see something they will be talking about tomorrow" when she introduced her ... obviously even the Hollywoodies had heard about it and were impressed. Gaga really sounded great, and looked great. I was worried she was going to trip over her dress .. Rolleyes
She done good. Julie Andrews must have had recent plastic surgery. Sad

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-02-2015, 03:29 AM
(22-02-2015 11:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Well, I have to admit, my phone rang and they said "Turn it on. You need to see Lady Gaga". She was great !

That statement could only have been more gay if there'd been a Judy Garland reference.

Angel

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post