Girly's Oscar Picks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2015, 05:44 AM
RE: Girly's Oscar Picks
(23-02-2015 03:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 11:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Well, I have to admit, my phone rang and they said "Turn it on. You need to see Lady Gaga". She was great !

That statement could only have been more gay if there'd been a Judy Garland reference.

Angel

It was my (straight girl)-friend Helen. Facepalm Laughat

Speaking of gay and Helen, did I ever tell you guys the story about when we were up in LA and it was the first time she (and I) and her girlfriend "from off the farm" (back in the Midwest somewhere) (she and Helen were briefly "flight attendants" sort of for the adventure I guess), went out to drink and dance at this famous gay bar on Santa Monica Boulevard called "Rage". Helen was wearing a black leather jacket. This older Hollywood producer dude comes up to her and asks if "that is your girlfriend" (and points to her friend, and asked her if she was into S&M). The friend (who was REALLY nervous about the whole deal) says "Oooooooh I KNEW it was gonna be like this". On the way in, out in the parking lot we walked past a car with a couple doing it, which almost tipped her over the edge right there). So Helen says "no", and he asked her to dance. Then this kid from UCLA came and asked me to dance, and that left her friend alone. When we got back she was talking to (a) "Jack". She and Jack now live in Chicago, and have a kid and are happily married. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-02-2015, 07:36 AM
(23-02-2015 05:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 03:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That statement could only have been more gay if there'd been a Judy Garland reference.

Angel

Speaking of gay and Helen, did I ever tell you guys the story about when we were up in LA and it was the first time she (and I) and her girlfriend "from off the farm" (back in the Midwest somewhere) (she and Helen were briefly "flight attendants" sort of for the adventure I guess), went out to drink and dance at this famous gay bar on Santa Monica Boulevard called "Rage". Helen was wearing a black leather jacket. This older Hollywood producer dude comes up to her and asks if "that is your girlfriend" (and points to her friend, and asked her if she was into S&M). The friend (who was REALLY nervous about the whole deal) says "Oooooooh I KNEW it was gonna be like this". On the way in, out in the parking lot we walked past a car with a couple doing it, which almost tipped her over the edge right there). So Helen says "no", and he asked her to dance. Then this kid from UCLA came and asked me to dance, and that left her friend alone. When we got back she was talking to (a) "Jack". She and Jack now live in Chicago, and have a kid and are happily married. Big Grin

Aaaahhhhh.

Nothing like a Happy Ending.

Angel

23-02-2015, 03:25 PM
Very happy Eddie Redmayne won best actor Smile
24-02-2015, 04:03 PM
(22-02-2015 11:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 11:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Yes, Lady Gaga sang a medley of songs from The Sound Of Music - with Dame Julie Andrews right there!! That had to be scary ... but fun. Lady Gaga did quite well. Smile

We heard she was going to sing...and I went to the bathroom. Saw the sound of music montage and thought...they're going to have her sing? I'll admit, quite freely in fact, I've only heard a couple things she's done and didn't think much of it.

Hearing her actually sing without doing the 'pop star' thing...I was amazed.

I saw a video of her singing before she was famous and she had a wonderful voice so I knew she had it in her. She sang in high school musicals when she was a teenager. She also did a couple of duets with Tony Bennett. I'm so glad people have discovered that she really is talented.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-02-2015, 04:58 PM
(23-02-2015 05:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 03:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That statement could only have been more gay if there'd been a Judy Garland reference.

Angel

You are so gay. I mean earmuffs gay doesn't even approach how gay you are. He might as well be heterosexual compared to how gay you are.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-02-2015, 08:14 PM
(24-02-2015 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 05:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was my (straight girl)-friend Helen. Facepalm Laughat

You are so gay. I mean earmuffs gay doesn't even approach how gay you are. He might as well be heterosexual compared to how gay you are.

That must be why no one believes me when I try to tell them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-02-2015, 08:22 PM
(24-02-2015 08:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 04:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You are so gay. I mean earmuffs gay doesn't even approach how gay you are. He might as well be heterosexual compared to how gay you are.

That must be why no one believes me when I try to tell them.

Must be it, you've gone around the spectrum of sexuality all the way back to straight Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
24-02-2015, 08:26 PM
(24-02-2015 08:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 08:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That must be why no one believes me when I try to tell them.

Must be it, you've gone around the spectrum of sexuality all the way back to straight Yes

The first thing people should remember about "gay" or "not gay" is that it is virtually impossible to tell what someone's sexuality is, in the real world. Hollywood's stereotypes are totally FALSE. You don't believe me, check out the (gay) bars close to Camp Pendleton packed with marines.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-02-2015, 10:13 PM
(24-02-2015 08:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The first thing people should remember about "gay" or "not gay" is that it is virtually impossible to tell what someone's sexuality is, in the real world.

If they greet me by grabbing my package I'm pretty sure they're gay. ... Even if they're women. Drinking Beverage

#sigh