GirlyMan's Guide to Financial Security

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 02:10 AM
GirlyMan's Guide to Financial Security
(14-11-2013 11:06 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 09:39 PM)I and I Wrote:  Working hard does what?

Billions of people work hard (much harder than the richest 1 percent) yet are poor all their lives.

Here's a question for you, I and I... Take Wayne Huizenga. He came from a normal middle-class family. He started driving a garbage truck in 1968, and just kept saving and buying garbage trucks until eventually his enterprise became Waste Management and he became a multi-billionaire.

What did he do differently from all the other garbage truck drivers to get so rich? And what is preventing others from doing what he did? Is it that Huizenga had some special gift? Did he get some privilege that is not open to other Americans? Or was he lucky, and it would have happened to anybody who was in the right place at the right time? Do you think hard work was a factor, or you're saying he would have gotten that rich even if he was lazy and didn't want to work? What is your theory?

I am saying that billions of people work extremely hard all their lives and still live in poverty all their lives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: GirlyMan's Guide to Financial Security
(15-11-2013 02:10 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 11:06 PM)frankksj Wrote:  ...Do you think hard work was a factor, or you're saying he would have gotten that rich even if he was lazy and didn't want to work? What is your theory?

I am saying that billions of people work extremely hard all their lives and still live in poverty all their lives.

I understand, but this is where libertarians strongly disagree. We believe that before you can propose a solution, you must FIRST identify the problem. You can't fix something if you don't know what's broken. You don't seem to have a theory about why the current system isn't working, yet you want to jump in with a violent revolution to fix it. Liberals and social engineers always do this, and that's why they so often end up making things WORSE.

The minimum wage is the perfect example. The reason why wages are too low is because there's not enough jobs, and this puts laborers at a disadvantage, and gives employers all the leverage. Libertarians take the time to research and identify the cause of the problem, and THEN make recommendations to fix it, like ways to encourage investing and creating more jobs. Liberals just say "well pass a law and force employers to pay everyone at least $15/hour". But what they don't realize is that the guy making $10/hour is NOT going to get a raise to $15/hour, rather he's going to get fired and replaced with a machine or his tasks will be delegated to someone else. It's not that libertarians are heartless for opposing the minimum wage, it's that the liberals solution is just going to make things worse, LOWERING the wage of the people they're trying to help from $10/hour to $0/hour.

Once you understand why the current system is failing, THEN you'll be in a much better position to propose a solution, imo.
15-11-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: GirlyMan's Guide to Financial Security
(14-11-2013 10:49 PM)KillKillKilltoTheThird Wrote:  You are an asscuntniggerfaggotjewwhorebitchfuck.

I'm stealing, er I mean liberating, that one.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.