GirlyMan's Hormone Replacement Therapy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 07:10 PM by DeepThought.)
RE: GirlyMan's Hormone Replacement Therapy
Interesting. I take saw palmetto extract too. Though I gave up on resveratrol since it doesn't seem to do what it was supposed to do.
Apparently the sirtuin genes in humans don't have the same affects as they do in yeast and there is no strong evidence that resveratrol has strong interactions with those genes in humans. PQQ is interesting though and I've been taking that with CoQ10.

I'm too scared to mess with my hormones directly. I know that taking testosterone is reasonably safe since your balls simply produce less. Testosterone is toxic to the liver if taken orally but injected or transdermal should be ok.

If anyone out there is considering taking steroids (other than testosterone or depending on dose) I'd advise to keep estrogen inhibitors handy.. I knew someone who took steroids and started growing tits. He must have been pretty sore. I don't envy what girls must go though when they start developing...

I had a brief look at performance enhancement. The only thing I think is worth considering is Ostarine. Since it's selective to only some tissues and since the pituitary gland and other organs don't recognise Ostarine as testosterone it doesn't mess much with your natural hormone levels or FSH and LH.

I'm considering going to China and paying a lab to synthesise a bunch for me at 99% purity. Of course I'd have it tested to make sure I'm getting what I pay for.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
(03-01-2012 10:55 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 10:23 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Not to derail but Erx you have a female doctor who'm you intend on discussing your libido with? I think I've watched this "movie" whilst... well I've seen it.

Yeah... red hair... big boobs...

And GM ... damn dude.. c'mer sit down before ya fall down and have a drink with me. I've got me a jar of blue lightnin' which I only pull out for special situations. Look... your hands are shaking from typing so much.. this nerve juice will settle yer shit out.

My Doc does have big boobs, but until today, she had brown hair. Today...Red. Go figure.

Lucradis, I wasn't sure how I was going to react to having a female doctor. This is the first one I've had and I've only been seeing her since Summer, but she's been the best doctor I've ever had in terms of time spent with me and trying to properly diagnose and prescribe the right meds. I don't look forward to the "Digital Rectal Exam" when that eventually takes place...Or maybe I look forward to it a little too much!

I've already spoken to her quite a bit about my lack of libido. Her first step was to put me on Wellbutrin instead of Prozac because it's known to increase libido where Prozac diminishes it. When she put me on another anti-anxiety med, she upped the Wellbutrin dose, hoping to keep the libido going. So it wasn't a big deal, pardon the pun, to tell her that's still a remaining concern for me. I asked her what she knows about a possible link with Testosterone and Depression. She set me up for a blood test for tomorrow morning and isn't opposed to go that route depending on what my numbers are. Thanks to Girly, I'm much better educated about what to ask for and to see what sorts of numbers we're talking about. I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 10:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-01-2012 05:09 AM)The_observer Wrote:  A good share girly...
Cool of you to be so open on embarrassing matters
At least now we got some insight on your weirdness... Tongue

Pretty sure Girly ain't embarrassed by any of that. ... And I'm pretty sure you've only seen the tip of the weirdness iceberg.

(03-01-2012 06:14 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I'm too scared to mess with my hormones directly.

You don't want to even consider them until you're forced to, and then you'll want to take control of them.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Yes, I'll confess. I've started menopause and the 'hot flashes' are the most fucking annoying things EVER!!! Especially when they wake you up at night but I'm really reluctant to take any synthetic HRT as it can cause many nasty medical problems. I'm just on 'Remifemin' which is a natural product that comes from Germany and has been used for over 50 years. Unfortunately lately it hasn't been as effective. Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
05-01-2012, 12:14 AM
(04-01-2012 11:31 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Yes, I'll confess. I've started menopause and the 'hot flashes' are the most fucking annoying things EVER!!! Especially when they wake you up at night but I'm really reluctant to take any synthetic HRT as it can cause many nasty medical problems. I'm just on 'Remifemin' which is a natural product that comes from Germany and has been used for over 50 years. Unfortunately lately it hasn't been as effective. Undecided

A male prostate product available in Australia, brand name Trinovin, contains Trifolium pratense extracted from red clover and isaflavones.
Interestingly the ladies product, different in brand name, is identical.Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
05-01-2012, 08:29 AM
(05-01-2012 12:14 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 11:31 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Yes, I'll confess. I've started menopause and the 'hot flashes' are the most fucking annoying things EVER!!! Especially when they wake you up at night but I'm really reluctant to take any synthetic HRT as it can cause many nasty medical problems. I'm just on 'Remifemin' which is a natural product that comes from Germany and has been used for over 50 years. Unfortunately lately it hasn't been as effective. Undecided

A male prostate product available in Australia, brand name Trinovin, contains Trifolium pratense extracted from red clover and isaflavones.

And I'd guess they are identically ineffective.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 09:29 AM

Check out what I wrote in the earlier depression thread.
here I still would like more reputable feedback on Maca Root. The only online groups or forums I found were filled with people who are self medicating and not working with a medical physician. That's just stupid.
I see nothing wrong with alternative medicine if approached scientifically, with trials and studies, and good background work. Alternatives used in conjunction with standard approved medications is the way the most successful cancer treatments have come about. That's why we have medical marijuana. After all, a very important part of medicine is to give comfort.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 08:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-01-2012 06:14 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Though I gave up on resveratrol since it doesn't seem to do what it was supposed to do.
Apparently the sirtuin genes in humans don't have the same affects as they do in yeast and there is no strong evidence that resveratrol has strong interactions with those genes in humans.

I still take it for it's glucose uptake and antihyperglycemic effects for my diabetes. But yes, they now think it's beneficial effects are from AMPK activation instead of SIRT1.

(03-01-2012 06:14 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  PQQ is interesting though and I've been taking that with CoQ10.

I've been taking CoQ10 ever since I started the statin some 5 years ago. Never heard of PQQ but I'll check it out. Wonder what the folk over at imminst.org have to say about it.

(03-01-2012 06:14 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  If anyone out there is considering taking steroids (other than testosterone or depending on dose) I'd advise to keep estrogen inhibitors handy..

There are steroids that don't convert into estrogen. Stanozolol is one. But yes, the muscle boards are filled with young men who took steroids too casually and ended up fucking themselves up pretty royally.

(04-01-2012 11:31 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Yes, I'll confess. I've started menopause and the 'hot flashes' are the most fucking annoying things EVER!!! Especially when they wake you up at night but I'm really reluctant to take any synthetic HRT as it can cause many nasty medical problems.
I'm just on 'Remifemin' which is a natural product that comes from Germany and has been used for over 50 years. Unfortunately lately it hasn't been as effective. Undecided

My wife went through menopause last year at 44 yo. Her gyno offered her HRT but she didn't want it either. Her gyno told her to at least try Black Cohosh (the main ingredient in Remifemin). She did with sporadic results as well. Her flashes only lasted about 3 months.

(05-01-2012 09:29 AM)kim Wrote:  I still would like more reputable feedback on Maca Root. The only online groups or forums I found were filled with people who are self medicating and not working with a medical physician. That's just stupid.

We had a rather long discussion about maca and its effect on libido over at the muscle board I used to frequent. But it's completely from a male perspective and it's all anecdotal.

I Love Maca!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
(05-01-2012 09:29 AM)kim Wrote:  

Check out what I wrote in the earlier depression thread.
here I still would like more reputable feedback on Maca Root. The only online groups or forums I found were filled with people who are self medicating and not working with a medical physician. That's just stupid.
I see nothing wrong with alternative medicine if approached scientifically, with trials and studies, and good background work. Alternatives used in conjunction with standard approved medications is the way the most successful cancer treatments have come about. That's why we have medical marijuana. After all, a very important part of medicine is to give comfort.

Thanks Kim. I will be actively researching/seeking this product this weekend. Hopefully I will report back with some positive results Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
09-01-2012, 12:32 AM
(05-01-2012 08:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 12:14 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

And I'd guess they are identically ineffective.

Actually Chas the product helped my B.P.H.& my P.S.A levels dropped from 3 to .47.