Giuliani Claims No Islamic Terror Attacks in U.S. Before Obama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: Giuliani Claims No Islamic Terror Attacks in U.S. Before Obama
(15-08-2016 07:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 07:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Giuliani's quote "Under those 8 years, before Obama came along, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the US." So 9/11 was a bunch of boy scouts? What the fuck is the matter with you.
There's nothing wrong with me, you just don't know how to read.

In what way, you are the one who misquoted Giuliani, not him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 07:46 PM
(15-08-2016 07:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  He's right as far as Bush is concerned, not so much when it comes to Obama. The attacks on 9/11 can't be considered domestic terrorism because they weren't committed by U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.

Still possibly incorrect regarding domestic based stuff and Bush, depending on how we define "terrorism".

2002 saw the Beltway Snipers who were American born and raised, both were Muslims.

2006 saw Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, an Iranian-American, drive an SUV through a crowd at UNC Chapel Hill in an effort to kill people attempting to, "avenge the deaths of Muslims worldwide". He injured 9 people and was sentenced to 33 years.

2007 saw a refugee named Sulejman Talović, from Bosnia orginally and on the path to US citizenship, kill 5 and injure 4 at Trolly Square in Salt Lake City, Utah, before being killed by police. He reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" during the shooting.

(So if we're splitting hairs on whether his "domestic terror" comments at the bottom of the article can be differentiated from his "Islamic terrorism" comments at the top of the article, these can fall under both. There are also some non-Muslim examples as well, including the anthrax attacks after 9/11.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-08-2016, 07:55 PM
(15-08-2016 07:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In what way, you are the one who misquoted Giuliani, not him.
I didn't misquote him. According the article OP posted, Giuliani said that "We had no domestic attacks under Bush." I pointed out that that statement, contrary to the article's claim, is not invalidated by the 9/11 attack because they were not domestic terrorist attacks ("He's right as far as Bush is concerned"). An observant reader will note that I continued this statement with "not so much when it comes to Obama", leaving one to wonder how dancefortwo (who is a girl, by the way) could possibly think that I thought Giuliani was right when he claimed that there were no radical Islamic terrorist attacks prior to Obama's presidency.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-08-2016, 07:58 PM
(15-08-2016 07:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 07:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  He's right as far as Bush is concerned, not so much when it comes to Obama. The attacks on 9/11 can't be considered domestic terrorism because they weren't committed by U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.

Still possibly incorrect regarding domestic based stuff and Bush, depending on how we define "terrorism".

2002 saw the Beltway Snipers who were American born and raised, both were Muslims.

2006 saw Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, an Iranian-American, drive an SUV through a crowd at UNC Chapel Hill in an effort to kill people attempting to, "avenge the deaths of Muslims worldwide". He injured 9 people and was sentenced to 33 years.

2007 saw a refugee named Sulejman Talović, from Bosnia orginally and on the path to US citizenship, kill 5 and injure 4 at Trolly Square in Salt Lake City, Utah, before being killed by police. He reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar" during the shooting.

(So if we're splitting hairs on whether his "domestic terror" comments at the bottom of the article can be differentiated from his "Islamic terrorism" comments at the top of the article, these can fall under both. There are also some non-Muslim examples as well, including the anthrax attacks after 9/11.)
I agree that those should be considered domestic attacks. The author of the article posted by OP should have used one of those attacks as an example rather than making the unfounded assertion that Giuliani's claim about the lack of domestic attacks during Bush's presidency indicates that he forgot about the 9/11 attacks.

15-08-2016, 08:00 PM
(15-08-2016 07:55 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 07:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In what way, you are the one who misquoted Giuliani, not him.
I didn't misquote him. According the article OP posted, Giuliani said that "We had no domestic attacks under Bush." I pointed out that that statement, contrary to the article's claim, is not invalidated by the 9/11 attack because they were not domestic terrorist attacks ("He's right as far as Bush is concerned"). An observant reader will note that I continued this statement with "not so much when it comes to Obama", leaving one to wonder how dancefortwo (who is a girl, by the way) could possibly think that I thought Giuliani was right when he claimed that there were no radical Islamic terrorist attacks prior to Obama's presidency.

When you fuck up instead of admitting you fucked up you fuck up even more by trying to weasel your way out of how you fucked by fucking up even more. It's quite intriguing, mesmerizing even. Dancefortwo can probably put it to music.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-08-2016, 08:02 PM
(15-08-2016 08:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  When you fuck up instead of admitting you fucked up you fuck up even more by trying to weasel your way out of how you fucked by fucking up even more.
Go ahead and explain how literally saying that he was not right about Obama means that I think he was right about Obama. I'll wait.

15-08-2016, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 08:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-08-2016 08:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 08:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  When you fuck up instead of admitting you fucked up you fuck up even more by trying to weasel your way out of how you fucked by fucking up even more.
Go ahead and explain how literally saying that he was not right about Obama means that I think he was right about Obama. I'll wait.

Because normal people don't defend themselves with saying "I didn't mean it literally." or "I meant it literally". Narcissists do though. And please don't wait on me. It's not worth your time.

#sigh
15-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Rudy never said domestic. Check the video
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-08-2016, 08:12 PM
(15-08-2016 08:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  Rudy never said domestic. Check the video

You're not suggesting Vosur introduced a strawman or red herring?

[Image: horror.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-08-2016, 08:17 PM
(15-08-2016 08:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 08:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  Rudy never said domestic. Check the video

You're not suggesting Vosur introduced a strawman?

[Image: horror.jpg]

Well, the article says one thing, the video another.
When there's video available I like to see the words coming directly out of the person's face. Sometimes writers misquote.