Give Up Seminary Degree?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Give Up Seminary Degree?
I agree. Strange pitch: photo op for those who are atheists who have Seminary Degree papers or the like to show others who are struggling that it can be done.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Keep the degree. It shows you had the perseverance to stick to it and accomplish a goal. Job interviewers like to ask "what did you do during these four years."

Even if God and Jesus existed and I could live forever just by believing in them, I'm not so sure that eternal hellfire would be worse than having the omnipotent psychopath and his bastard kid looking over me for all eternity.
16-04-2013, 12:57 PM
15 years of pastoral ministry looked good on my application to UW's School of Social Work. If ya got it, flaunt it. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-04-2013, 01:13 PM
(16-04-2013 12:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  15 years of pastoral ministry looked good on my application to UW's School of Social Work. If ya got it, flaunt it. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, but anything wordy and shiny looks good to UW (so says this Cougar) Smile
16-04-2013, 01:14 PM
(16-04-2013 01:13 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 12:57 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  15 years of pastoral ministry looked good on my application to UW's School of Social Work. If ya got it, flaunt it. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, but anything wordy and shiny looks good to UW (so says this Cougar) Smile

LaughatLaughatLaughat

Sorry about that.

LaughatLaughatLaughat

Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
09-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I'd keep it. You earned the degree - hell, you PAID the tuition! It's not like they're going to give you a refund because you realized what they taught you was bunk.

Frankly, I think it's worth keeping - it gives you the perspective of someone who has done the seeking. It's part of your journey. And, if you decide to do further study in another field, perhaps this degree will allow you to have a head start by applying some of the credits to that course of study.

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
[+] 1 user Likes Scully's post
09-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks to all for the advice! Guess I'll just keep it and go from here, although I'm sure they won't be happy to have provided an atheist with the "full armor of God" Smile
[+] 2 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post