Give it a rest, people!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Give it a rest, people!
I just read an article from a local TV station about a car crash. Apparently a car caught on fire after hitting a truck, and the passengers were trapped. Another driver coming by happened to have fire extinguishers in his truck, and was able to put out the fire, probably saving those people's lives.

Guess what EVERY SINGLE comment to the article said? Guess who was thanked for this?

If you guessed the driver with the fire extinguisher, you'd be wrong. Oh they make me angry here.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 12:20 AM
RE: Give it a rest, people!
You mean to tell me that they couldn't tell that guy with the fire extinguisher wasn't god? STEW-PEED.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
03-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Thank Kevin Costner those people were alright!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
03-03-2011, 02:45 AM

No you see God is the one that put the idea into his head for him to extinguish the fire. It was never his idea in the first place =P

What, what do you mean how do I know that? God told me, duh.
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 06:57 AM

Charlie Sheen ???
03-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Thank chemistry nobody was hurt!

But man, that God guy sure is a fucker for putting that truck in the way.
03-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Given in any other context, with any other person or character, the whole "thanking God" thing would really have some light thrown on it.

If I purposefully allow my child to drink poison and then make them vomit and save them from it, I am not a hero. I am a psychotic asshole who should be brought up on criminal charges. But if I were God, well then you'd better get on your hands and knees and thank me for saving your sorry ass and not dropping a freight train on top of you just for kicks.

I heard a story of this ilk (though not life threatening in the least) from Martin Wagner of The Atheist Experience (or he may have been on a Non Prophets podcast). He helped this lady grab her dog who had gotten loose and was running away. He gave the dog back and she said "Oh thank you Jesus!" He replied, "Actually my name's Martin."

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
03-03-2011, 09:08 AM

Wasn't it free choice that led that driver to crash their car? /sarcasm Tongue

It's only because their sheeple brains are incapable of processing if their invisible master was so great, he wouldn't have chanced to let someone burn to death in the car he let wreck while no doubt the driver was praying not to.
Therefore the extinguisher hero was certainly sent by the Devil. Angel

Then again, Christians think a man being murdered on a cross so as to save them from himself,is not only worthy of worship but the first blessing afforded their kind because they're just so damned worthy of being damnable.
03-03-2011, 01:01 PM

Thank God for atheism.
03-03-2011, 01:47 PM
(03-03-2011 07:18 AM)gamutman Wrote:  Thank chemistry nobody was hurt!

We got a winner. Big Grin

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.