Giving an Easter Speech

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Giving an Easter Speech
Tonight, I'm in the area contest for Toastmasters. I'm giving an Easter address. I'm nervous, but this is the moment that starts the ball rolling. After this I am in my ministry full force: writing a memoir and other books, creating sermon series (the first will be on the existence of God), and participating in these forums.

I'm nervous. This must be how Muslims feel just before detonation. Sadcryface

Anyway--wish me luck.
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: Giving an Easter Speech
What's a toastmasters? Anything to do with Starks thing of wanting to feed those thin girly's some sammiches in Hu's thread?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
28-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Toastmasters are cool. Kudos on being a member.

Memoir? Really? Shouldn't you write that after you've made a difference? You're like a rookie baseball player right now, just starting out in the majors, and you're already writing your memoirs? Save it for when you're a hall-of-famer, at least then you'll know that someone besides yourself will want to read it.

Sermon on the existence of god? Isn't that a presupposition for anyone sitting through a sermon in the first place? That's like going to a Star Wars convention and giving a speech about why you think Star Wars is cool - everyone at the convention already knows it. Aren't you, to borrow a phrase here, just preaching to the choir?

Try not to burn anyone at the stake. It's not that kind of toast...

Luck.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
28-03-2013, 05:04 PM
I wish you luck with your detonation.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
28-03-2013, 11:45 PM

(28-03-2013 04:30 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Toastmasters are cool. Kudos on being a member.

Memoir? Really? Shouldn't you write that after you've made a difference? You're like a rookie baseball player right now, just starting out in the majors, and you're already writing your memoirs? Save it for when you're a hall-of-famer, at least then you'll know that someone besides yourself will want to read it.

Oh, I think people will want to read it. Don't you know? I'm the worst heretic in the history of Christianity? But I love Jesus Christ with my life. So, how did I get to where I am now--spreading what every good Christian believes is the message of an evil cult? Can you even fathom the persecution I'm about to endure? Being undeniable and unacceptable drives people crazy.

Besides: God told me to write it. He specifically instructed me that the second book in my Veridican career must be a memoir. And that's what I'm going to do.

When I'm 80 (since I'm going to die when I'm 82), I will write another one.

Quote:Sermon on the existence of god? Isn't that a presupposition for anyone sitting through a sermon in the first place? That's like going to a Star Wars convention and giving a speech about why you think Star Wars is cool - everyone at the convention already knows it. Aren't you, to borrow a phrase here, just preaching to the choir?

You'll watch it. You'll watch every single YouTube sermon in the series, and you know you will, and I know you will. Why?

Quote:Try not to burn anyone at the stake. It's not that kind of toast...

Luck.

Well, I didn't win, but I got up and spoke in front of twenty-five people about the Gospel and I delivered it well. We have video for our own historical archives. It's a start.
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 02:22 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Lol. Of course no one goes there. No one goes to his site. So now he HAS to come here, as this is ALL his Jebus has left for him, and he thinks he's gonna force it down our throats. I see the Church of the Greek Dick, (Veridickanism), is doing really well, and has HOARDS of members breaking down it's doors. Bruthu is so hilaruius. Thanks for the added stand up routine. Your jokes are sorta lame tho.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Now now Bucky, I'm sure what's his face with the magic underwear had a slow start too, as did the comic book writer guy with his little club. For all we know, Verdesomethingsomething will be the next big retarded religion everyone makes fun of.

Egor, pro tip: get someone famous to join.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
29-03-2013, 02:30 AM
It must be nice being you, in your mind, where you're a superstar.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:22 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
29-03-2013, 08:04 AM
I guess the detonation didn't go as well as I had hoped. Bummer... Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy