Glad to be here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 12:36 AM
Glad to be here
Hello, I am The president of F.A.C.T., an incorporated entity under Wisconsin Freethinker's Association. F.A.C.T. is the acronym for First Atheist Church of Truth. Before anyone screams BLOODY MURDER! We incorporated under this name to be considered clergy by the state and be able to provide a "Church" wedding or baby naming ceremony, etc. to our members, atheists, agnostics, freethinkers and humanists the are not given the opportunity to have the full "Bells and whistles" ceremony because of their personal belief (or lack thereof). We are not a "Church" as in a place of worship (NEVER!), we do gather at our center regularly to exchange ideas, learn from each other, discuss art, music, classical texts, poetry and other stimulating subjects. We offer counseling for non believer couples on marriage, family life, child upbringing without religious inclinations, teen groups, summer camps and other activities in a secular environment. There is no dogma, no cannon, no scriptures (unless you count books by Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens, etc...LOL)
It's our goal to provide services usually found in the Christian community to non believers and above all, promote free thought, humanism, positive atheism and the separation of church and state.
We're glad to be here and welcome any questions or comments.
Manuel Ortiz
President
First Atheist Church of Truth - F.A.C.T.
FACT Mail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like F.A.C.T.'s post
10-04-2013, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 01:12 AM by kim.)
RE: Glad to be here
Hi Manuel, I personally tend to shy away, even from the word "church" but, it sounds like you have a good thing going there. Glad you've found us; this is an international forum with members from all over the planet. Interesting discussions are always going on so feel free to participate or just read - lots to learn! We're pretty inclusive - we have a few theists - and a couple of trolls usually drop in for some extracurricular fun. Stick around and you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Wonderful service you guys provide and great business opportunity you guys have found.

Smile

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
10-04-2013, 04:28 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome, and we tend to cringe at the church thing too. Our main group goes by Wisconsin Freethinker's Association so we only have to see the church logo during weddings (thank Zeus!). My wife runs the W F A, I was (in a previous life) an ordained minister so I kind of got stuck with marriage duty, but it is great to see a full on wedding at our center with no mention of god, heaven, talking snakes or eternal ooga booga! Thanks again for the welcome, I'll be around the threads. Regards
[+] 2 users Like F.A.C.T.'s post
10-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Thanks HU.Junyuan, We do like being able to see the weddings at the center...As far as business we don't really profit, the couples provide everything and we don't charge for the service (we'd feel like a "church" if we did) so there's no money but there is that sinister satisfaction of filing paperwork at the county and getting the "evil eye" from the clerk when they see ATHEIST church on the license... it's the little things that make us smile...lol
[+] 1 user Likes F.A.C.T.'s post
10-04-2013, 04:43 AM
I am slowly drawing my Bloody Murder Screamer from its holster...

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-04-2013, 05:48 AM
I can't say that I approve of organizations like this, but you're welcome here regardless. Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-04-2013, 07:52 AM
(10-04-2013 05:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I can't say that I approve of organizations like this, but you're welcome here regardless. Yes

This.

Welcome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-04-2013, 09:09 AM
So seeing as your a church/nonchurch. Do you by chance sing the song

God, is an evil god who doesn't reign from heaven above with ignorance, weakness and hatred that god is an evil God.

That's my favorite.

Just an outsider looking inn.
10-04-2013, 09:16 AM
How can you be classed as a church by the state?

The very definition of atheism is believing a God doesn't exist, complete opposite to theism.
Further more it gives mixes messages to those outside of this so called "church".

"Atheist Church", talk about an oxymoron...

Opps, almost forgot to say welcome blah blah good to have you here blah blah.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.