Glad to know there are others.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Glad to know there are others.
Hello, I'm quite new here myself. I can tell you from my experience, I agree with other posters and let the old generation be. I did come to a point where I had to tell my family about my atheism, they called it a sad moment since I was a minister and my parents viewed that as a respectable position.
They did, however, come around rather quickly and accepted it for what it was, an inevitable occurrence. Now, well over a decade later my mother's health has deteriorated quickly and has lost much of her mental faculties, she always asks me to pray for her because I'm closer to god...What do you say to that?
I simply couldn't let my pride for my stance on religion and faith be the determining factor.
These are the last months of her life and I hold the placebo that gives her some comfort, I certainly give her that, no shame in it. Besides to tell her I will obviously doesn't mean I do, but again, I see it as a placebo, "sure mom, I will" and that's the end of it. I know your situation is different but I hope you can take something out of mine.

Your kids... There I will not give my opinion as I have none but make your point heard.
Good luck and my thoughts with you in your mother's health situation, I know how it feels.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes F.A.C.T.'s post

Messages In This Thread
Glad to know there are others. - Cryo - 27-09-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Glad to know there are others. - depat - 27-09-2012, 07:46 PM
RE: Glad to know there are others. - DLJ - 28-09-2012, 01:44 AM
RE: Glad to know there are others. - Dom - 28-09-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: Glad to know there are others. - Cryo - 29-09-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Glad to know there are others. - F.A.C.T. - 10-04-2013 09:35 PM