Glen Beck endorsed a Sam Harris book!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
RE: Glen Beck endorsed a Sam Harris book!!!
(03-12-2013 11:23 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 11:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  "Glen Beck" is a character, he was a comedian before he started on the right wing circuit I think it is like Steven Colbert but noone sees the wink to the camera.

That would explain alot, would be hell funny if he has a confessional episode and proclaims to have duped all the loons to prove a point.

I have seen a decent amount of circumstantial evidence that this is the case, however since Mr Beck has never publicly acknowledged it one way or the other it is just speculation.

(03-12-2013 11:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 11:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  "Glen Beck" is a character, he was a comedian before he started on the right wing circuit I think it is like Steven Colbert but noone sees the wink to the camera.

....a Poe all along...?

[Image: Poe-Boy-From-A-Poe-Family-T-Shirt-%288385%29.jpg]

That was too awesome not to comment on. Nice find.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Glenn Beck is as much a libertarian as WBC is a church.
Being a libertarian means taking care of yourself as much as possible rather than expecting the government or anyone to do everything for you. It's about taking some of the responsibility.

Sure, there are things you can't do yourself (I use public utilities and services a lot) and that's where community is great, but the community can't do everything for you. So, like with everything, there's gradations for everyone. Not dissimilar to how devoutly religious someone is.

Those that take it too far get a cabin out in the woods and live off the grid. They use their own shit as manure for their own garden and don't take anything from anyone.

There are people now that don't even try to participate or help out, they leech off of someone else (we all know someone) those people are the polar opposites.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
06-12-2013, 10:49 AM
(04-12-2013 07:01 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Beck is a fucking nut. "It is never ok to lie". I doubt that moron gets the concept of context.

I am sure that Sam would say for example "If I were a German hiding a Jew and lying to the Nazis to save them. I would".

Beck Likes Penn for his libertarian views mostly. I love Penn's view on religion but he is just as bat shit insane on economic theory as Beck is. Libertarians are nothing but republicans on steroids.

Sad to see someone understand libertarians as well as the religious understand Atheists.

A libertarian is the political version of an atheist.

An atheist understands that we don't need god to give us morals, tell us right from wrong, or to govern our lives and thoughts.

A Libertarian is exactly the same--about government.

And Glenn Beck is not a Libertarian. He's a Republican that does not know how to handle his cognitive dissonance.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
[+] 1 user Likes Skeptic Gamer's post
06-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Ah. But is a libertarian really a Scotsman? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-12-2013, 11:49 AM
(06-12-2013 11:07 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Ah. But is a libertarian really a Scotsman? Consider

Well, I'm an American. So...

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com