Glenlivit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Glenlivit
(27-12-2014 06:28 PM)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:  I never really understood the point of top-shelf vodka. Vodka is for getting hammered. Anything more expensive than Stoichnaya or Absolut is pretty pointless, IMO.

And even they are overpriced.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 06:32 PM
(27-12-2014 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:28 PM)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:  I never really understood the point of top-shelf vodka. Vodka is for getting hammered. Anything more expensive than Stoichnaya or Absolut is pretty pointless, IMO.

And even they are overpriced.

Yeah. I just didn't want to out myself as a connoisseur of bum vodka.
[+] 1 user Likes Cthulhu Dreaming's post
27-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Completely disagree on vodka. Good vodka is worth the money.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-12-2014, 06:44 PM
(27-12-2014 06:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 06:12 PM)BnW Wrote:  I then recommend to you vanilla coke zero.

My drink of choice is actually vanilla coke. Not the zero version though because I'm not a fucking retarded imbecile.

Muffs, do you enjoy soda from a brew house? Sometimes that stuff can be awesome.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2014, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014 06:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-12-2014 06:33 PM)BnW Wrote:  Completely disagree on vodka. Good vodka is worth the money.

Do a blind taste test on yourself and then report back. Cheap bottom shelf vodka is nasty and filled with cogeners and will give you nasty hangovers so leave them out. But I'd reckon that a 7x distilled 1.75L bottle of Platinum for $17 will rival your $30-$40 for 750 ml. Try it. I did and I've saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Tongue

#sigh
27-12-2014, 07:11 PM
(27-12-2014 06:19 PM)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:  Subjective perceptions are interesting - Glenlivet never struck me as strongly smoky.

No, Glenlivet is fine; it's the Bowmore that I found smoky and couldn't tolerate. I did manage to eventually finish the half-bottle that I had acquired, but in smaller-than-usual servings over a longer period of time. I can't fathom what would happen if I tried to drink Bruichladdich -- My head would probably explode from all the peat phenols.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
27-12-2014, 07:36 PM
I may owe my life to The Glenlivet so I’m partial to it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Treated myself to a bottle of the Glenlivit 15 year old for the World Series. It may have been a mistake because this may have to be my New staple for scotch. Not sure I can afford this future habbit.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
27-10-2015, 08:55 PM
People say "smoky", but the word for Bowmore is "peaty", which I, personally cannot stand the taste of, or any Islay scotch, for that matter. I really like Glenfiddich, but I have to be careful, because I will still feel the effects the next day. I like McCallan's, as well. YTMV
27-10-2015, 08:59 PM
I don't like drinking scotch but I do love the fragrance of them though. But it has to be the better ones. When hubby has a glass, I usually cuddle close just to share the smell of it.

And how in the world can there be a discussion of Glenlivet and Vanilla Coke zero in the same thread?

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count