Glenlivit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Glenlivit
(27-10-2015 08:59 PM)quoin Wrote:  I don't like drinking scotch but I do love the fragrance of them though. But it has to be the better ones. When hubby has a glass, I usually cuddle close just to share the smell of it.

And how in the world can there be a discussion of Glenlivet and Vanilla Coke zero in the same thread?

Because fuckin' muffs

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 10:08 PM
(27-10-2015 07:58 PM)BnW Wrote:  Treated myself to a bottle of the Glenlivit 15 year old for the World Series. It may have been a mistake because this may have to be my New staple for scotch. Not sure I can afford this future habbit.

You mean, of course, The Glenlivet. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Of course.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
28-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Russian Standard, because I'm not a fucking retarded imbecile. You catz and your cheap vodka, that's why you ain't got the brain cells to tell the difference.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
28-10-2015, 12:58 AM
(27-10-2015 08:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  People say "smoky", but the word for Bowmore is "peaty", which I, personally cannot stand the taste of, or any Islay scotch, for that matter. I really like Glenfiddich, but I have to be careful, because I will still feel the effects the next day. I like McCallan's, as well. YTMV

I used to love the Islay whiskies but now for some reason they give me an instant headache, even before I finish my glass. Islays are definitely an acquired taste though.

It's the peat that makes all the whisky, beer and water taste nice round here. I personally stick with the beers now. But when I do buy whisky I normally buy whatever happens to be on sale in the supermarket. There are just so many to choose from in Scotland that never make it out the country there's always going to be one on promotion.
28-10-2015, 05:21 AM
The true proof is the proof......

Alcohol is for getting a buzz - not for stroking your ego.

If you want your ego stroked - get a pair of 20 year old twins..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-10-2015, 06:32 AM
(28-10-2015 05:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The true proof is the proof......

Alcohol is for getting a buzz - not for stroking your ego.

If you want your ego stroked - get a pair of 20 year old twins..........

Says the peasant. Didn't we have this argument before? Big Grin

When I was posting earlier I was thinking about after effects, i.e. there ain't none when I'm drinking the good shit. Scotch is largely the domain of my bestie WarGoddess. When she buys it, it's usually Glenfiddich. When my buddy gets it, it's the Laphroaig. When I get it, it's Glenmorangie. Though the Glenlivet and Balvenie has been bought before. Single malt around these parts. I don't know where "stroking the ego" comes into it sitting around the coffee table in our pjs sipping scotch. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
28-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Alcohol is alcohol is alcohol. It's all the same chemical - whether you're drinking beer, wine, 100 year old cognac or white lighting straight out of the still.

You don't get "less of a hangover" drinking "the good stuff" --- you tend to drink less of it, because it's expensive.

Some of the cheap stuff tastes like paint thinner, some tastes pretty good. The same goes for the expensive stuff.

All else, is fantasy and perception.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-10-2015, 07:58 AM
(28-10-2015 06:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Alcohol is alcohol is alcohol. It's all the same chemical - whether you're drinking beer, wine, 100 year old cognac or white lighting straight out of the still.

You don't get "less of a hangover" drinking "the good stuff" --- you tend to drink less of it, because it's expensive.

Some of the cheap stuff tastes like paint thinner, some tastes pretty good. The same goes for the expensive stuff.

All else, is fantasy and perception.

Except you don't just drink 100% alcohol do you. It's mixed with other stuff. And it's the other stuff that changes the taste or whether it is more likely to give you a hangover.

The hangover comes from being dehydrated. It's not just the alcohol that causes dehydration.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
28-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Panama Red! No, Michoacan! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post