Glenlivit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Glenlivit
(28-10-2015 06:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 05:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The true proof is the proof......

Alcohol is for getting a buzz - not for stroking your ego.

If you want your ego stroked - get a pair of 20 year old twins..........

Says the peasant. Didn't we have this argument before? Big Grin

When I was posting earlier I was thinking about after effects, i.e. there ain't none when I'm drinking the good shit. Scotch is largely the domain of my bestie WarGoddess. When she buys it, it's usually Glenfiddich. When my buddy gets it, it's the Laphroaig. When I get it, it's Glenmorangie. Though the Glenlivet and Balvenie has been bought before. Single malt around these parts. I don't know where "stroking the ego" comes into it sitting around the coffee table in our pjs sipping scotch. Tongue

Glenfiddich is my go-to scotch. Second on my list is Glenmorangie, and third is Glenlivet. I don't often spring for the 18 year, but a Glenfiddich 18-year is the absolute best. If I'm just getting some less expensive stuff, I do Crown Royal, which of course isn't a scotch, but it's got such a unique flavor.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-10-2015, 09:34 AM
(28-10-2015 07:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Except you don't just drink 100% alcohol do you.

Yeah he does. Can't you tell? Tongue

(28-10-2015 08:25 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Panama Red! No, Michoacan! Tongue

Northern Lights, man. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-10-2015, 11:28 AM
(28-10-2015 09:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 07:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Except you don't just drink 100% alcohol do you.

Yeah he does. Can't you tell? Tongue

(28-10-2015 08:25 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Panama Red! No, Michoacan! Tongue

Northern Lights, man. Big Grin

Laugh out load
Anything I know about that stuff comes from my old Cheech and Chong record, "Up in Smoke" (yes, vinyl). So, I've never heard of Northern Lights.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
28-10-2015, 11:42 AM
(28-10-2015 11:28 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Laugh out load
Anything I know about that stuff comes from my old Cheech and Chong record, "Up in Smoke" (yes, vinyl). So, I've never heard of Northern Lights.

Poopyhead. Tongue

Stark just mentioned Northern Lights in another thread so it was close to mind, and is also a favored strain. Around here it's been Cherry Diesel, but with these kids, ya never know if they're just making shit up to sound all hip and shit. What I know is that it looks good, smells good, tastes good, and does the job. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2015, 06:04 PM
'k, but I don't smoke anything. Our family has a real good track record of dying young and painfully if we smoke. I dodged that bullet.
29-10-2015, 07:08 AM
(28-10-2015 08:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 06:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Says the peasant. Didn't we have this argument before? Big Grin

When I was posting earlier I was thinking about after effects, i.e. there ain't none when I'm drinking the good shit. Scotch is largely the domain of my bestie WarGoddess. When she buys it, it's usually Glenfiddich. When my buddy gets it, it's the Laphroaig. When I get it, it's Glenmorangie. Though the Glenlivet and Balvenie has been bought before. Single malt around these parts. I don't know where "stroking the ego" comes into it sitting around the coffee table in our pjs sipping scotch. Tongue

Glenfiddich is my go-to scotch. Second on my list is Glenmorangie, and third is Glenlivet. I don't often spring for the 18 year, but a Glenfiddich 18-year is the absolute best. If I'm just getting some less expensive stuff, I do Crown Royal, which of course isn't a scotch, but it's got such a unique flavor.

I've not tried Glenfiddich. Maybe my next bottle.

I too disagree with Biker. I tend to get bigger hangovers from the cheap stuff. Plus, I don't drink large quantities any more, so I really want to enjoy the taste of what I do drink.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post