Glenn Beck New Year Message

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Glenn Beck New Year Message
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/04...04080.html

This man is... curious. He references things very... inaccurately. He seems to promote a pig-headed idea that our country needs religion to save itself. I took the time to listen to the whole 16 minute rant, and it sounds like quite the powerful push to convince the working class that they should blindly and unquestioningly support the establishment. He blatantly tells his listeners that questioning America in the least is one of the most damaging and un-patriotic things a person can do. This seems to be a way to get them to tell their friends looking for other solutions to shut up and just let the government do what it wants to do, screw it if a few little people get hurt in the process. Smells like the conservative powers that be have a STRONG grassroots campaign out there to get the people back that W alienated.

The video ends with him going into some vapid self-help bunny-trail that is designed to help his bank account selling some book, possibly by selling more propaganda supporting his radio propaganda. When did the christian god stop being a deity in a belief structure and start coming off like a celebrity endorsement?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 06:34 PM

RE: Glenn Beck New Year Message
I think he is absolutely hilarious, once you get over the urge to get infuriated at his crap.
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 08:41 PM
(06-01-2011 06:34 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  I think he is absolutely hilarious, once you get over the urge to get infuriated at his crap.

Agreed, especally when he talked about his Mormon views.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I believe he tried to use one of Thomas Jefferson's letters, saying something along the lines of "...In the year of our Lord Christ..." as proof that Thomas Jefferson was a Christian. It's funny, because he's grasping at meager straws and ignoring many of Jefferson's quotes proclaiming him to be a Deist.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
07-01-2011, 08:41 AM

beck is nothing less then a politavalangist, his show is neither news or an accurate depiction of anything except how to route money into his bank account. his following is getting wise to him in some markets... new yorks WOR pulled his show from their radio broadcast due to low ratings... now if we could get others do follow suit as well as dumping the junkie windbag rush limbaugh. inaccurate "fact" spreading to the weak minded masses is dangerous and becomes even worse once you add god into the mix....
07-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Where I live, people are still following him pretty strong. I live right on the cusp of a "well-to-do" suburb, and it is very discouraging to meet person after person who buy into the Limbaugh/Beck/O'reilly crapfests. We just had Beck appear at a local walmart (Fitting, I know) everyone said the line went halfway around the store.
10-01-2011, 10:06 AM

back in the day the sheeple thought joe mccarthy was doing the "right " thing....asbestos was the best thing since sliced bread and saddam hussein had weapons of mass destruction.... time proved that all to be wrong... have those sheeple learned from it...?? no way... their will always be people that act like sheep being lead to slaughter... just don't become one of them.
10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
(10-01-2011 10:06 AM)freethinker1 Wrote:  just don't become one of them.

And that is why I question everything, even myself when I'm alone. I find that if I approach my own beliefs and convictions from different angles, I only find them to come out stronger. In my opinion, everything that isn't an axiom by definition needs justification...as long as you don't fall into an infinite regress, that doesn't help anything at all
11-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Definition;

Limbaughium Lb

The heaviest known element. It possesses an ever-expanding mass. Very white. Acidic. Emits heat but no light. Instantly polarizes all elements that come in contact with it. Repels protons and electrons; attracts only morons. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
11-01-2011, 09:52 PM

(11-01-2011 01:38 AM)No J. Wrote:  Definition;

Limbaughium Lb

The heaviest known element. It possesses an ever-expanding mass. Very white. Acidic. Emits heat but no light. Instantly polarizes all elements that come in contact with it. Repels protons and electrons; attracts only morons. Tongue

I found my next Facebook post! Smile