Glenn Beck is back with his chalkboard and with a lot less crazy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Glenn Beck is back with his chalkboard and with a lot less crazy
Here he sits down with Penn Jillette and actually appears to be a rational human being.

All very interesting stuff.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
26-12-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: Glenn Beck is back with his chalkboard and with a lot less crazy
Don't worry, its just a phase.
27-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I remember many years ago when Beck was just a goofy morning radio dj. He used to be really funny before he became a national syndicate and a TV talking head. He'll always be a clown to me.

Penn does a weekly 90 minute podcast called Penn's Sunday School and he's definitely got the skills to move onto AM broadcasting eventually. He's already got big time sponsors so, to me, it seems inevitable that Penn will be riding public airwaves soon.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 06:25 AM
(27-12-2012 01:02 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I remember many years ago when Beck was just a goofy morning radio dj. He used to be really funny before he became a national syndicate and a TV talking head. He'll always be a clown to me.

Penn does a weekly 90 minute podcast called Penn's Sunday School and he's definitely got the skills to move onto AM broadcasting eventually. He's already got big time sponsors so, to me, it seems inevitable that Penn will be riding public airwaves soon.
I'm pretty sure he's good enough for FM broadcasting. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 07:24 AM
It's good to see he has your approval Chas, I'm sure he always wanted it.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
28-12-2012, 06:02 PM
They were practically making love to each other towards the 5 minute to 6 minute mark.

fuck that

Drinking Beverage

Any person that puts nazis with communists ideologically are loons who haven't studied history.
28-12-2012, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 06:55 PM by Logica Humano.)
Both made excellent points, though I think a flaw is the idea that one can have a linear interpretation of the constitution. The freedoms granted by the clauses of the constitution are elastic, enabling one to formulate an argument seemingly supported by our nation's founding documents. I think part of the issue is that, despite the laws being excellently authored, we have a more difficult time enacting aspects of the constitution because it was written in a separate nonindustrial, less globalized era. I think the fundamentals presented by geniuses, like John Locke, are given truths and certainly should be considered entitled rights. Many, however, could not predict the circumstances that exist today. It would be tantamount to enforcing the rules of a high school to that of a state government. Certain aspects may remain the same, but as the populations grow more federal intervention is required for basic necessities.

I consider, for instance, healthcare to be a modern basic necessity. I believe that the government has an obligation to, in the very least, subsidize this necessity for low-income families. Similar to the idea that the government's function is to maintain functional methods of transportation or to ensure the right of free speech. But again, I think it is entirely reasonable to expect the government to regulate the economy to prevent companies' abuse of federal and economic assets. Upon debating with many who are supposedly libertarian, I have found that they would find themselves with the Occupy radicals. Many of them are not, as they would like to think, libertarians; but, rather capitalistic anarchists. What I find most odd is that, despite the views that I possess regarding this subject, every political affiliation test I have taken has placed me as a progressive libertarian. Consider

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
29-12-2012, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 12:38 AM by TheBlackKnight.)
(28-12-2012 06:02 PM)I and I Wrote:  Any person that puts nazis with communists ideologically are loons who haven't studied history.
He wasnt. He was simply showing a scale from 0-100% of how much gubbament involvement is it's society.He didnt really discuss how they achieved that 100%.

Edit: the tea party gives 0 shits about the constitution.
29-12-2012, 06:00 AM
No the tea party loves it. They just don't understand it.

I don't give two shits about the constitution. Basing your govt on rigid rules from 2 centuries ago is obviously going to cause issues.
29-12-2012, 03:04 PM
(29-12-2012 06:00 AM)Diablo Wrote:  No the tea party loves it. They just don't understand it.

I don't give two shits about the constitution. Basing your govt on rigid rules from 2 centuries ago is obviously going to cause issues.
That is partly my gripe. While the fundamentals of the U.S constitution are perpetual, it seems other aspects are not. It was an elegantly authored piece written by geniuses, but that does not mean it is inerrant and everlasting.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab