Global Perspective

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 01:29 AM by Diablo.)
Global Perspective
What is a global perspective and why is it important?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 04:32 AM
RE: Global Perspective
How long are you going to leave us hanging for the punchline?

Ok, I'll play...

I don't know, what is a global perspective and why is it important?

Dodgy

03-12-2012, 04:54 AM
What exactly is a global perspective I wonder...

If it is a question of my perspective of things on a global scale then fine: This shit is fucked all the way up, and it's only going to turn it up to eleven.

If you are asking about a perspective that is shared globally, none exist.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-12-2012, 08:51 PM
I am asking your opinion on how you would define such a thing.
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
(03-12-2012 08:51 PM)Diablo Wrote:  I am asking your opinion on how you would define such a thing.

In how many dimensions?

03-12-2012, 11:38 PM
As many as you want. You guys are smart, I a sure you can think of something.
04-12-2012, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 02:44 AM by Free Thought.)
(03-12-2012 08:51 PM)Diablo Wrote:  I am asking your opinion on how you would define such a thing.

A global perspective would be defined as a perspective that is held globally....

*Of course, no such thing exists.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-12-2012, 02:44 AM
(04-12-2012 02:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  

A global perspective would be defined as a perspective that is held globally....

Nope. That's a global opinion.

Having a global perspective is individually and/or collectively having the ability to gather, process, analyse and form an opinion of everything that is currently happening in this world, has ever happened and is going to happen.

... and then using that data to make completely the wrong decision.

It is also known as the Earmuffs Principle.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-12-2012, 02:48 AM
I stand by my statement of definition .

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-12-2012, 03:04 AM
I think global perspective is the individual ability of someone to fathom the possible implications of one or many decision or circumstances or stuff in the entire world. Like when we say that religion is dangerous, we're making the assertion based on a particular understanding of how the world works and how religion fits in its gears and fucks everything up.

Not to be mistaken with world view, which is the set of ideas that define a particular interpretation of the world events.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post