Global Perspective

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2012, 05:48 AM
RE: Global Perspective
(04-12-2012 02:44 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 02:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  A global perspective would be defined as a perspective that is held globally....

Nope. That's a global opinion.

Having a global perspective is individually and/or collectively having the ability to gather, process, analyse and form an opinion of everything that is currently happening in this world, has ever happened and is going to happen.

... and then using that data to make completely the wrong decision.

It is also known as the Earmuffs Principle.

Wow!

Slow down there son.

I (me) am never.. NEVER.. wrong.

Ever.

Period.

Angel

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Slow down yourself, All-father.

IF you say that you are never wrong, isn't that invalidated by itself? A la:

If you claim you are never wrong, and that claim is incorrect, does that not mean you are wrong?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Only if you are wrong, of which I am never.

04-12-2012, 08:11 PM
But that is relying on the false assumption that you have never been wrong, everybody has been wrong on something at some point of time.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-12-2012, 08:28 PM
The only false assumption is that it is assumed that everybody is wrong at some point in their life.

04-12-2012, 08:42 PM
The assumption that everybody is wrong at some point in their life is based on evidence that can be found in an primary school;
There are always errors on behalf of every student such as spelling and mathematical errors, or errors in pronunciation or memory, always wrong at some point.

Building on to memory; everybody miss-remembers information and often take the miss-remembered information and miss-communicate it and miss-represent it without being aware of their memory being wrong (and thus themselves), because the brain has inherent defects which tend to cause these miss-remembrances, especially when a lot of information is coming in.

Whether you admit it or like it or not, you will have gotten something wrong at some point of your life, and likely not even know you made the error to begin with.

04-12-2012, 08:53 PM
While I accept where you are coming from you are saddly misinformed. You are forgetting that to reach an assumption like "everybody is wrong at least once in their life" they must take a sample from the general population in order to test this theory the problem then in lies that this is simple a sample of the population and not every single member of the population.
While the sample size could increase to incorporate a large amount of people it still would remain only a sample size of the entire population.
What this then represents is that there could very much be outliers that the sample size did not pick up upon.
This means then that the saying is a generalization based off of a sample size.

What I am saying is that that generalization may work for the majority of the time and may work very well in describing the public generally, you need to be aware for outliers like myself in which the studies have missed (or even sometimes cut out of their data).

Thus, I am simply an outlier to the general assumption that all people are wrong at least once, because I am never wrong.

04-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Global Perspective
A global perspective is often used in the financial markets to denote an understanding of a multi cultural and multi currency business market.

From a sociological perspective I think of people having a global and cross-cultural awareness of what is going on that transcends the narrow isolationist view of ones own culture and country.
06-12-2012, 10:26 PM
That isn't misinformation, but a misconception.

If you don't test everyone, then there can't be 100% certainty. However, there is not 100% certainty of anything. So if we can claim anything else, like evolution is a fact, then we can stipulate that the saying "everyone is wrong at some point" is also a fact.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo's post
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
[Image: 31443803.jpg]

Well, if you discount the equations we don't know how to answer that is.