Global Warming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Global Warming
It's all part of the Evolution of this little blue dot called earth.
As far as recorded temperatures, they have only been keeping track since 1850.
That is only a speck in this planets existence. People will complain about
global warming until the next ice age starts then they will have something new to complain about.
I'm sure the people in New England would like a little warming right now.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 03:33 PM
(10-02-2013 01:14 PM)smidgen Wrote:  It's all part of the Evolution of this little blue dot called earth.
global warming until the next ice age starts then they will have something new to complain about.
There a couple of things wrong with that.

First, the earth isn't evolving, it doesn't evolve.

Second, there are climate records from ice cores going back hundreds of thousands of years. We can reconstruct climate data.

A rise in global temperature is adding energy to a quasi-stable chaotic system. We will be seeing extreme weather. We are already seeing it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 03:58 PM
(10-02-2013 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 01:14 PM)smidgen Wrote:  It's all part of the Evolution of this little blue dot called earth.
There a couple of things wrong with that.

Second, there are climate records from ice cores going back hundreds of thousands of years. We can reconstruct climate data.

A rise in global temperature is adding energy to a quasi-stable chaotic system. We will be seeing extreme weather. We are already seeing it.
I told you I'm not good putting my thoughts into words.

Your acting like extreme weather is something new to this planet.
I just read a story about sun spots and how another ice age could be coming.
What's going to happen is going to happen. And we can't change it any
more than you could have stopped that snow storm from putting all that snow on your house.

Now see there, you just wanted to pummel me. Tongue

10-02-2013, 04:05 PM
(10-02-2013 03:58 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 03:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  There a couple of things wrong with that.

I told you I'm not good putting my thoughts into words.

more than you could have stopped that snow storm from putting all that snow on your house.

Not pummeling.
While there may be another ice age coming, pumping billions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere really could prevent that. An ice age is not inevitable. Look at the climate on Venus.

10-02-2013, 04:13 PM
(10-02-2013 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 03:58 PM)smidgen Wrote:  I told you I'm not good putting my thoughts into words.

Not pummeling.
While there may be another ice age coming, pumping billions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere really could prevent that. An ice age is not inevitable. Look at the climate on Venus.
But it might not. It could just be a bunch of hooey.

10-02-2013, 04:15 PM
(10-02-2013 04:13 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 04:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not pummeling.
But it might not. It could just be a bunch of hooey.

It might be, but the vast majority of climate scientists would disagree with that. The data are pretty convincing.

10-02-2013, 04:24 PM
(10-02-2013 04:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 04:13 PM)smidgen Wrote:  But it might not. It could just be a bunch of hooey.

It might be, but the vast majority of climate scientists would disagree with that. The data are pretty convincing.
And if so our ancestors with evolve and adapt like they have been doing from day one.
I think these things are going to happen anyway just like they have been since day one.

I agree to disagree. Big Grin

10-02-2013, 04:31 PM
(10-02-2013 04:24 PM)smidgen Wrote:  And if so our ancestors with evolve and adapt like they have been doing from day one.
I think these things are going to happen anyway just like they have been since day one.
Evolution doesn't happen over night. Not even over a generation. Definitely not fast enough to keep up with global warming or any sudden (or even not so sudden) climatic changes.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
10-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Obviously, the opinion of the stone-ignorant carries the exact same weight as that of a scientist who has spent his life collecting data. It's the democratic way. Guess which have more votes.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
11-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Gwynne Dyer: Coasting toward climate change disaster
.............."So then, when it’s too late, everybody will really want a deal, but just cutting greenhouse gas emissions won’t be enough any more. We will need
some way to hold the temperature down while we deal with our emissions problem, or else the temperature goes so high that mass starvation sets
in. The rule of thumb is that we lose 10 percent of global food production for every rise in average global temperature of one degree C.
So the fourth phase of the climate talks, probably starting late this decade, will be about when it is time to start geo-engineering, and
what techniques should be used, and who controls the process. They won’t agree on that either, so things will drag on further until some
government, desperate to save its people from starvation, decides to do it alone, without global agreement. That could cause a major war, of
course.

So we had better hope that neutral observers like the fossil fuel industries are right in insisting that global warming is a fraud. "

================================

Read the whole article at: http://www.straight.com/news/gwynne-dyer...e-disaster