Global Warming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2013 01:41 PM by StorMFront.)
RE: Global Warming
I dont get why people deny the fact human caused GW is happening. Most people would probably take the scientific method for evolution or plate tectonics as being facts. Yet ignore the method when it comes to other areas of science? Its an overwhelm fact that its happening and we are causing it. Every major scientific academy has came out with an overwhelm consciences on that it is.

This reminds me of people that dont want to take a vaccines. Like Bill Maher...he supports scientific method, yet not when it comes to vaccines? Just boggles my mind.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like StorMFront's post
24-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Please google Svante Arrhenius. While there may have not been consensus then, the idea has been floating around for far longer than "half a century". Which leads us to the facts of today, there now IS a near complete scientific consensus. Something not that common.

"A man who dares waste an hour of his life has not discovered the value of life." - Charles Darwin
24-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Global Warming
When people cover up shit, it is normal to be suspicious. Has anyone here heard of climate gate? Researchers were caught exaggerating/making up dire projections about the condition of the climate.

Another good reason to suspect is to look at the proponents of global warming are living. Rich billionaires and corporate execs all support and fund global warming initiatives yet since 2008 there lifestlyles and incomes are a result of increased profit from plundering the earth. They tell you to curb your lifestyle for the environment yet do the exact opposite of what they want us to do. Smells like bullshit
[+] 2 users Like I and I's post
24-02-2013, 08:53 AM
(24-02-2013 07:55 AM)I and I Wrote:  When people cover up shit, it is normal to be suspicious. Has anyone here heard of climate gate? Researchers were caught exaggerating/making up dire projections about the condition of the climate.

Another good reason to suspect is to look at the proponents of global warming are living. Rich billionaires and corporate execs all support and fund global warming initiatives yet since 2008 there lifestlyles and incomes are a result of increased profit from plundering the earth. They tell you to curb your lifestyle for the environment yet do the exact opposite of what they want us to do. Smells like bullshit

Your unsupported assertions smell like bullshit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-02-2013, 09:06 AM
"A number of independent investigations from different countries, universities and government bodies have investigated the stolen emails and found no evidence of wrong doing. Focusing on a few suggestive emails, taken out of context, merely serves to distract from the wealth of empirical evidence for man-made global warming."
http://www.skepticalscience.com/Climateg...hacked.htm

Referring to nebulous unnamed billionaires and their "lifestyles" as evidence against the overwhelming scientific consensus is what smells like bullshit to me. I haven't met a climate scientist millionaire, let alone billionaire myself.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
24-02-2013, 09:22 AM
(24-02-2013 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 07:55 AM)I and I Wrote:  When people cover up shit, it is normal to be suspicious. Has anyone here heard of climate gate? Researchers were caught exaggerating/making up dire projections about the condition of the climate.

Are you surprised? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Global Warming
(24-02-2013 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  

The rich have become much richer since the economic collapse. Do you no agree?

Have you heard of climate gate?
24-02-2013, 08:35 PM
(24-02-2013 06:29 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your unsupported assertions smell like bullshit.

The rich have become much richer since the economic collapse. Do you no agree?

Have you heard of climate gate?
What has the economic collapse to do with climate change?

"Climate Gate" was a lie of selective misquoting, a smear campaign.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh Noes....the Climate is Changing! The world will end by flood and fire! Yeah....right!

Don't you people think you are overreacting a bit? I mean, I have really enjoyed the earth's warming in recent years. The climate has become warmer and more comfortable. The growing season is longer and so is the fishing season, as a result I spend less time doing yard work and more time on the water.

Personally, I am looking for a downside to Global Warming, but I just don't see it.

So, I guess like Global Warming and so you might call me a "Global Warming Advocate".
24-02-2013, 09:21 PM
(24-02-2013 09:16 PM)Julius Wrote:  Oh Noes....the Climate is Changing! The world will end by flood and fire! Yeah....right!

Don't you people think you are overreacting a bit? I mean, I have really enjoyed the earth's warming in recent years. The climate has become warmer and more comfortable. The growing season is longer and so is the fishing season, as a result I spend less time doing yard work and more time on the water.

Personally, I am looking for a downside to Global Warming, but I just don't see it.

So, I guess like Global Warming and so you might call me a "Global Warming Advocate".

I suppose that storms of greater intensity, rising sea levels that will wipe out islands, coastal cities, and estuary habitats, the loss of glaciers endangering fresh water supplies of billions of people, and the extinction of many species aren't downsides?

Really?