Global Warming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Global Warming
Has anyone else noticed a lot of your FB friends saying comments like "Global warming can't be real! Just look at this #snowpocolypse"?

Well, here was my post..

"I've noticed lots of comments that global warming must be fake because of the cold weather that's been happening. It's been a few years since I have taken the science class I am recalling my information from, so I can't explain it in my own words without re-researching, but global warming actually works both ways. Our warm seasons get warmer and our cold seasons get colder. #justsaying #sciencenerd"

This forum has done bad things to me! I'm usually never so combative Tongue

Oh and I'll just leave this link here. It's 13 Dumbest things media said about climate change in 2013. EnjoyDrinking Beverage

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/01/...han/197331
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 09:17 AM
RE: Global Warming
Only in America.

The US, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other radical Arab gulf states are the only countries that deny climate change.

What does it feel like to be in such company?

Even the Russian government acknowleges climate change, they simply dont do anything about it because they wouldnt bother temperatures going up.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
05-01-2014, 09:22 AM
(05-01-2014 09:17 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Only in America.

The US, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other radical Arab gulf states are the only countries that deny climate change.

Interesting.

Quote: What does it feel like to be in such company?

You have no idea. Most people are not interested in science here. I think only like 50 some odd percent of us here in the US believe in evolution.
05-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I am doing my part to help, it seems the methane emissions from all the cows is wrecking the ozone layer, so I eat them *beams proudly*

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-01-2014, 11:42 AM
(05-01-2014 10:09 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am doing my part to help, it seems the methane emissions from all the cows is wrecking the ozone layer, so I eat them *beams proudly*

Vegetarians/vegans produce more methane than meat eaters... you should start eating those too! You might win an award Thumbsup

I wish you hadn't mentioned eating cows, though. I now really want a rare cooked steak Drooling

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 1 user Likes SpaceMonkey's post
05-01-2014, 01:53 PM
(05-01-2014 08:59 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed a lot of your FB friends saying comments like "Global warming can't be real! Just look at this #snowpocolypse"?

Well, here was my post..

"I've noticed lots of comments that global warming must be fake because of the cold weather that's been happening. It's been a few years since I have taken the science class I am recalling my information from, so I can't explain it in my own words without re-researching, but global warming actually works both ways. Our warm seasons get warmer and our cold seasons get colder. #justsaying #sciencenerd"

This forum has done bad things to me! I'm usually never so combative Tongue

Oh and I'll just leave this link here. It's 13 Dumbest things media said about climate change in 2013. EnjoyDrinking Beverage

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/01/...han/197331

Combative? that is considered combative now? Weeping

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
05-01-2014, 03:23 PM
nach_in Wrote:Combative? that is considered combative now? Weeping

Don't ya know it.Tongue

No one on my FB posts anything except their dog, children, themselves, their dinner..
No philosophy. No science. No politics.
It's a little boring.
05-01-2014, 10:48 PM
(05-01-2014 03:23 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  
nach_in Wrote:Combative? that is considered combative now? Weeping

Don't ya know it.Tongue

No one on my FB posts anything except their dog, children, themselves, their dinner..
No philosophy. No science. No politics.
It's a little boring.

You are surprised because?

FB, tweets and other social media's have the potential to be great communication tools.....operative term being have the potential....but like most things in life once they fall into the hands of the great unwashed, its content tends to fall to the lowest common denominator, that being, dogs, children, themselves and their dinners.....and TV shows.....
[+] 2 users Like Lazarus Unchained's post
08-01-2014, 06:16 AM
As usual, Americans think the world ends at their borders Dodgy

You guys may be having a terrible winter. I live in Greece, more specifically in a small town that about 10 years ago hit -16°F. I was used to closed schools every year because of the snow/ice/cold.

That was 10 years ago. We have hardly had any snow for the last few years. Right now, the temperature here is 59°F, it's sunny and you hardly need a jacket. We never had such temperatures in these months and it's been like this for weeks.

Ask them to explain that Drinking Beverage

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
08-01-2014, 06:22 AM
(08-01-2014 06:16 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Ask them to explain that Drinking Beverage

God wants to watch Greek babes sunbathing topless. Perfectly natural explanation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post