Global Warming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 07:09 AM
RE: Global Warming
Global warming is real enough but to attribute a few hot summers, (insert one of a dozen natural disasters to it) is batshit bonkers.
observable climate is just the natural rhythms that could be thousands of years long.

The real "be afraid, very afraid" issue is that this rhythm is getting put out of sync by human activity and could lead to a planet killing spiral.
Say hello to Venus mkII. in few thousand years.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 09:24 AM
SO and I were arguing about global warming this morning. I had no idea that he bought into it as being some kind of Al Gore conspiracy with climate change scientists making millions of dollars. None of my sources were credible in his eyes. I was totally blown away with the ignorance living in my midst.
10-01-2014, 09:48 AM
The fossil fuel industry and corporate greedy goons are great at making this issue a distraction so they can continue to pollute our planet for profit.

I like to frame it like this. If a toilet on the south pole is clogged how is it different than one on the equator? No one eats yellow or brown snow do they?

The other insidious crap they pull is take one moment in time in one location and try to claim that cold means we are not affecting the planet. These assholes are blinding gullible people from the reality that data is an average of global weather events. It is not hot vs cold, it is a matter of extremes of both hot and cold and bigger storms, both hurricanes, amount of tornados and snow storms.

We went from 2O degrees daytime high in Southeast NC a couple of days ago and this weekend it will hit 70 degrees. THAT is the problem. I can remember as a kid our winters starting earlier and lasting longer. I can remember our summers being cooler on average. We have more extremes and more intensity of both hot and cold and shorter winters.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
(05-01-2014 09:17 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Only in America.

The US, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other radical Arab gulf states are the only countries that deny climate change.

As embarrassed as I am to say it, you need to include Canada. Blush

In Canada scientists are not allowed to talk to the public or the press about climate change without permission from the Canadian government. I kid ye not. And guess how much of that the government, who really wants the oil-sands project to work, have been letting out.