Gnostic Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: Gnostic Atheism
(27-05-2017 01:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  But the thing is, I do exist, and I am scared. You can't even tell me the idea of non-existence isn't scary.

Actually, I can, because it is not scary at all.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-05-2017, 02:16 PM
(26-05-2017 02:56 PM)mordant Wrote:  ...
Not existing is how everyone ends up. It's not a problem needing solving, so far as I'm concerned. A longer healthspan would of course be a nice option to have; more options are generally better than fewer. But I do not seek immortality and have come to terms with my mortality.

To be honest, I have only made peace with mortality, because I don't know how to avoid it. 800 years of great health, maybe another 300 of moderate health would be a nice lifespan.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
27-05-2017, 02:22 PM
(27-05-2017 02:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 01:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  But the thing is, I do exist, and I am scared. You can't even tell me the idea of non-existence isn't scary.

Actually, I can, because it is not scary at all.

Whatever dude.
27-05-2017, 02:40 PM

I hate to butt in on REFan, but I can only say that you apparently find the idea of non-existence scary; not everyone is wired the same. Personally, I actually find the thought of oblivion pretty comforting.
[+] 4 users Like Grauwyler's post
27-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Just because you're afraid of something you cannot magically poof it out of existence. Or out of non-existence, as 'twere Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-05-2017, 03:53 PM
(27-05-2017 02:40 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  

I hate to butt in on REFan, but I can only say that you apparently find the idea of non-existence scary; not everyone is wired the same. Personally, I actually find the thought of oblivion pretty comforting.

Then why exist at all?
27-05-2017, 04:06 PM
(27-05-2017 03:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Then why exist at all?

Who's making you? Consider

27-05-2017, 04:12 PM
So I looked it up. Angra Mainyu is the evil spirit of Zoroastrianism. 99 to 1 that this guy's a troll. Try harder anyway troll, this shit's weak.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-05-2017, 04:18 PM
You know, morondog, we often go straight for the "he's a troll" explanation. Sadly, in most cases I really don't think they are. Sadly, because it means there actually are this many people this stupid in the world...

Or maybe I'm giving them less credit than they deserve? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-05-2017, 04:21 PM
(27-05-2017 04:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  You know, morondog, we often go straight for the "he's a troll" explanation. Sadly, in most cases I really don't think they are. Sadly, because it means there actually are this many people this stupid in the world...

Or maybe I'm giving them less credit than they deserve? Consider

You could be right. I'm pretty confident in my diagnosis though Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.