Gnostic Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Gnostic Atheism
(27-05-2017 05:03 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 04:58 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I'm really not sure, why don't you? That's very suspicious. It makes me have less respect for you as a person.

I don't even understand what point you're arguing from, honestly.

Are you criticizing me for being apart of a collective or are you criticizing me for not believing in an afterlife?

Yes. I'm criticizing you for not being an individual.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2017, 05:14 PM
(27-05-2017 05:09 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 05:03 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  I don't even understand what point you're arguing from, honestly.

Are you criticizing me for being apart of a collective or are you criticizing me for not believing in an afterlife?

Yes. I'm criticizing you for not being an individual.

Why do you think I have no individuality?
Because I agree with some people on some things and others on others?

Because if that's the reason then you yourself are quite hypocritical don't you think?
Yes, I happen to agree that there is no afterlife, as most of my atheist colleagues do. That does not mean that I'm parroting them.
And I do agree with my colleagues that you seem to be a troll because you are contributing nothing and jabbing everyone with nonsense.
Stop rushing into conclusions about others to prevent making yourself seem ignorant.
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
27-05-2017, 05:16 PM
See, if you're not a troll then you're an idiot AM. So ya know. You're not really worth taking seriously. You get so apoplectic it's funny. There's steam coming out your ears, your face is red... And you're on some forum where you know nobody telling people to kill themselves. Go *wild* little fuckhead. Tell us what you really think. None of us owes you anything, none of us care what you think of us. You came here for no discernible purpose and will be remembered if at all as crazy fuckhead number 1479, of the hundreds who come past every year. You're nothing special.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
27-05-2017, 05:18 PM
(27-05-2017 05:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  See, if you're not a troll then you're an idiot AM. So ya know. You're not really worth taking seriously. You get so apoplectic it's funny. There's steam coming out your ears, your face is red... And you're on some forum where you know nobody telling people to kill themselves. Go *wild* little fuckhead. Tell us what you really think. None of us owes you anything, none of us care what you think of us. You came here for no discernible purpose and will be remembered if at all as crazy fuckhead number 1479, of the hundreds who come past every year. You're nothing special.

What are you, the fucking emperor of these forums? Get over yourself.
27-05-2017, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 05:56 PM by mordant.)
(27-05-2017 03:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 02:40 PM)Grauwyler Wrote:  I hate to butt in on REFan, but I can only say that you apparently find the idea of non-existence scary; not everyone is wired the same. Personally, I actually find the thought of oblivion pretty comforting.

Then why exist at all?
Why do you think that existence has no meaning if it's not endless? It has meaning while it has meaning, and stops being meaningful after that. I daresay that my dog finds its life quite enjoyable and meaningful, despite that it only has another 7 or so years to go. In fact, it's only the human awareness of mortality that even makes it an issue at all. If, like my dog, you didn't understand that you're going to die, you would not even be asking that question.

Actually, extending life out into an eternal afterlife is no help at all, because every heaven eventually becomes its own hell. This is because of well-known psychological facts of life for us humans, such as hedonic tone. One can argue that many of us would like to have a longer "healthspan" -- that is, a longer life accompanied by sufficient health to enjoy it -- so that we can have more experiences and satisfy our personal allotment of curiosity. However, there's an upper limit to how many new experiences any one individual would care to have. That is why many elderly people are quite sanguine about their clock running out, and entirely at peace about it. As I've aged, I've noted that fewer and fewer things are new to me ... every new experience starts to look like a slightly "retreated" version of an experience I've already had a hundred times before.

And this can be just as true of someone who does not believe in an afterlife, as of someone who does. It's individual, of course; some grow so weary of existence that they find life uncompelling much sooner; others feel bad about the party going on without them even in advanced age. But it's my contention that, given a sufficiently long expected lifespan, even absent the burdens and health challenges of aging and disease, anyone would eventually be "fed up" so to speak.

NONE of which means, of course, that before you reach that point, there's no enjoyment or self-actualization to be had.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
27-05-2017, 05:20 PM
(27-05-2017 05:18 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 05:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  See, if you're not a troll then you're an idiot AM. So ya know. You're not really worth taking seriously. You get so apoplectic it's funny. There's steam coming out your ears, your face is red... And you're on some forum where you know nobody telling people to kill themselves. Go *wild* little fuckhead. Tell us what you really think. None of us owes you anything, none of us care what you think of us. You came here for no discernible purpose and will be remembered if at all as crazy fuckhead number 1479, of the hundreds who come past every year. You're nothing special.

What are you, the fucking emperor of these forums? Get over yourself.

Are you calm? Maybe you should drink some water?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-05-2017, 05:22 PM
(27-05-2017 05:18 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What are you, the fucking emperor of these forums? Get over yourself.

No, precious, that's apparently you, and you're running around in your new clothes (a.k.a. naked, 'cause I highly doubt a deep thinker such as yourself has had time to read trivial stuff like Andersen), throwing feces by the handful.

Not to worry, the zookeepers will be here shortly, tranquilizing shotgun (or hammer, as 'twere) in hand Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-05-2017, 05:25 PM
(27-05-2017 05:18 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What are you, the fucking emperor of these forums? Get over yourself.

This is why no one is taking you seriously.
You are acting like a petulant child.

He is calling it as he sees it.
The forums constantly get people who come in and quickly get booted out for petulance and incoherence. You may very well be one of them soon.
[+] 4 users Like Larai19's post
27-05-2017, 05:36 PM
[Image: the-cheese-stands-alone.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
27-05-2017, 08:51 PM
(27-05-2017 05:08 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 05:06 PM)Vera Wrote:  Breathe in, Angry Pain (in our asses), breathe out. You're unravelling a bit too fast and will wind down before we've derived what little pitiful entertainment you're capable of providing us with. Drinking Beverage

[Image: craving_mobile_386x464_0.gif]

Because I'm here to entertain you. Eat shit and die, you selfish coward.

Ninny wanting afterlife to exist cause she is afraid of death accusing others of cowardice? That's some funny shit.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.