Gnostic Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 09:05 AM
RE: Gnostic Atheism
(27-05-2017 01:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 01:31 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  If you don't exist, then you can't be afraid of not existing. You won't be aware you don't exist anymore.

Was it scary before you were born?

But the thing is, I do exist, and I am scared. You can't even tell me the idea of non-existence isn't scary.

Yes I can; because I just did.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2017, 09:08 AM
(27-05-2017 01:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  But the thing is, I do exist, and I am scared. You can't even tell me the idea of non-existence isn't scary.
Non-existence isn't scary....because you wouldn't exist, and thus have no feelings one way or the other.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
30-05-2017, 10:24 AM
(30-05-2017 09:08 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 01:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  But the thing is, I do exist, and I am scared. You can't even tell me the idea of non-existence isn't scary.
Non-existence isn't scary....because you wouldn't exist, and thus have no feelings one way or the other.
I think the fear of non existence upon death is largely a red herring, Imo people misinterpret their fear of death and confuse fear of non existence with fear of missing out although it could be argued that the two are so closely connected and intertwined as to make a differentiation academic I believe people are mostly fearful of missing out on life that will continue on without them this could be anything from family life world events future scientific developments etc etc.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
30-05-2017, 12:59 PM
(27-05-2017 04:52 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 04:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  Christ, the quality these days No Nothing of the calibre of Blowjob or Egor.

Have you considered that I'm not a troll, and that I actually stand up for what I believe in, unlike most of you fucks?

Not for a second.
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
30-05-2017, 01:03 PM
(27-05-2017 10:03 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 09:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sounds seriously depressed to me, (in the case it's not a troll).

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” ... Mark Twain

I am severely depressed. I want to be dead.

Stop being a dick. It might help.
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
30-05-2017, 01:18 PM
(27-05-2017 04:52 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Have you considered that I'm not a troll, and that I actually stand up for what I believe in, unlike most of you fucks?

Yes, I have considered that you are not a troll but given this:

(27-05-2017 10:03 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I am severely depressed. I want to be dead.

and this:

(27-05-2017 04:34 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Speak for yourself. I'm not going anywhere, I want to exist. I won't let God or anyone else take that away from me.

my conclusion is that you probably are a troll

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
31-05-2017, 09:52 AM
(27-05-2017 04:52 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Have you considered that I'm not a troll, and that I actually stand up for what I believe in, unlike most of you fucks?

If you truly do stand up for what you believe in, then I can only offer you my pity, and condolences to your family and friends.

And I'd like to thank you for the compliment; well done. Blink

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-05-2017, 11:48 AM
(26-05-2017 02:47 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  According to me, however, there is another way. The path I have chosen leads to Xanadu, the world of dreams. If you've ever played Final Fantasy X, Xanadu is like Zanarkand, an endless realm of sensuous delights.

Zanarkand is not an ‘endless realm of sensuous delights’, Zanarkand lies in ruins and was destroyed long ago. If you're talking about the Dream Zanarkand, the people inhabiting it were only memories of the original people of Zanarkand. Memories imprisoned and summoned by Yu Yevon and only ‘alive’ for as long as he kept dreaming. When he was killed, the dream ended and the memories were allowed to embrace death. Which they welcomed.

I guess you could argue that when you're dead you're ‘alive' for as long as you are remembered by the people who knew you. So your Xanadu is just a pit stop before oblivion, if it's like the Dream Zanarkand like you claim.

And that is all I have to contribute to this thread. I'll show myself out now. I'm sorry if you read all that, I will not be able to reimburse you the time you wasted.
[+] 1 user Likes Sleepy's post
31-05-2017, 01:27 PM
(29-05-2017 08:11 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 04:43 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Me too.

You okay, Rob??

Yeah I'm okay thanks, by my standards. This is a normal state of mind for me. I've gotten used to it. I was showing him he's not alone.

I appreciate the concern Heart

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2017, 01:53 PM
Not everyone has a divine destiny, only some people do. I think that's why so many people are against spirituality and religion (which reminds them of spirituality). Deep down inside, they are scared and insecure, so much so that they even bash religion, which technically has nothing to do with spirituality. If only these people knew it was possible to be atheistic and spiritual.