Go ahead, shred my homily for today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Go ahead, shred my homily for today
As I just posted on another site,

"Natural remedies are almost always so much better than pharmaceuticals, and for me, added proof of God's existence and lovingkindness..."

Go ahead and shred it and tell me why these hundreds (thousands) of natural things in divergent families and kingdoms evolved to benefit us so greatly. I can take it. I saw someone trust in Christ last week and added some people to my church. I can take it. Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
10-04-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Go ahead, shred my homily for today
It's also a coincidence that eating things seems to help too... Consider

How do all of these things in different kingdoms manage to feed one another?... Consider

Evolve
10-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Mother Earth gives us lots of beneficial things.

Now, please Jesus, fuck off and go away.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
(10-04-2013 01:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  As I just posted on another site,

"Natural remedies are almost always so much better than pharmaceuticals, and for me, added proof of God's existence and lovingkindness..."

Go ahead and shred it and tell me why these hundreds (thousands) of natural things in divergent families and kingdoms evolved to benefit us so greatly. I can take it. I saw someone trust in Christ last week and added some people to my church. I can take it. Blush

And there are also "thousands" of things that have evolved to harm us "so greatly". Their existence does not make a case for a malicious force anymore than the beneficial items proves a"lovingkindness".
[+] 5 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
10-04-2013, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 02:33 PM by Anjele.)
Go to Egor's forum PJ, he needs a follower besides his wife.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2013, 01:18 PM
(10-04-2013 01:15 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  

And there are also "thousands" of things that have evolved to harm us "so greatly". Their existence does not make a case for a malicious force anymore than the beneficial items proves a"lovingkindness".

Same thing crossed my mind...if the Christ is to be praised for the good, I want him to equally take the blame for the bad...and not be protected by the tired old "it's God's plan" crap.

10-04-2013, 02:08 PM
PleaseJesus,
How do you know it was YHWH who created these things? What do you say to:

a. The Muslim who believes what is written in the Koran, namely, Sura 7.54 "Your Guardian-Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority)"?

b. The Hindu who reads in the Brahma Purana that Brahma was responsible for all creation?

c. The Chinese who believes that all the fertile land, including the beneficial herbs that you mentioned was created from the muscles of the giant Pangu who emerged from the cosmic egg?

d. Or believers in a host of other creation myths just like the one in Genesis?

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
10-04-2013, 02:08 PM

We are made from elements found on this earth so it's no surprise at all that other things made from elements found on this earth are compatible with and beneficial to us. They didn't evolve to benefit us. They evolved and we evolved both in the same environment.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-04-2013, 02:27 PM
I agree, I took a natural medication derived from willow bark this morning, and it cured me from a headache, it's called aspirin PRAISE THE LAWD!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 6 users Like nach_in's post
10-04-2013, 02:30 PM
(10-04-2013 02:08 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  PleaseJesus,
How do you know it was YHWH who created these things? What do you say to:

a. The Muslim who believes what is written in the Koran, namely, Sura 7.54 "Your Guardian-Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority)"?

b. The Hindu who reads in the Brahma Purana that Brahma was responsible for all creation?

c. The Chinese who believes that all the fertile land, including the beneficial herbs that you mentioned was created from the muscles of the giant Pangu who emerged from the cosmic egg?

d. Or believers in a host of other creation myths just like the one in Genesis?

Doc

The evolution from naturalistic god to creator god exists at simultaneity. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post