Go ahead, shred my homily for today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Go ahead, shred my homily for today
(12-04-2013 04:58 PM)Katiegal Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 02:27 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I agree, I took a natural medication derived from willow bark this morning, and it cured me from a headache, it's called aspirin PRAISE THE LAWD!!

I don't know why you would thank the Lord for the aspirin which cured your headache, after all, it was the Lord who created your headache. It's kind of evens the score. But then isn't that what the Lord does; creates some problem, gives you the remedy, and then asks for praise and worship in payment? And if no remedy is forthcoming, well, He works in mysterious ways, right?

Pretty much sums it up right there.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-04-2013, 05:49 PM
(12-04-2013 04:58 PM)Katiegal Wrote:  
(10-04-2013 02:27 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I agree, I took a natural medication derived from willow bark this morning, and it cured me from a headache, it's called aspirin PRAISE THE LAWD!!

I don't know why you would thank the Lord for the aspirin which cured your headache, after all, it was the Lord who created your headache. It's kind of evens the score. But then isn't that what the Lord does; creates some problem, gives you the remedy, and then asks for praise and worship in payment? And if no remedy is forthcoming, well, He works in mysterious ways, right?

you just have to believe and embrace Cheesus!! REPENT AND EAT BARK!Lecture_preist

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
12-04-2013, 07:04 PM
I worship at the altar of aspirin, every day.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
13-04-2013, 07:10 AM
(12-04-2013 07:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I worship at the altar of aspirin, every day.

The altar is that of science; aspirin is the communion wafer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Now, now, good gentlefolk. Let us not forget that the good Lord has proffered us cannabis, hops, and grapes wherein we may consume and enter into heavenly realms.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-04-2013, 08:46 AM
(13-04-2013 08:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now, now, good gentlefolk. Let us not forget that the good Lord has proffered us cannabis, hops, and grapes wherein we may consume and enter into heavenly realms.

Selective breeding produced high THC content... you theist, you. Big Grin

And!

Fucking Erxy. You come back, you come back with all the neck. No half-stepping for this guy. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2013, 08:47 AM
(13-04-2013 08:46 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 08:43 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Now, now, good gentlefolk. Let us not forget that the good Lord has proffered us cannabis, hops, and grapes wherein we may consume and enter into heavenly realms.

Selective breeding produced high THC content... you theist, you. Big Grin

And!

Fucking Erxy. You come back, you come back with all the neck. No half-stepping for this guy. Tongue

Go hard or go home, Wicked Tuna.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
15-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:Ah yes, sky daddy's mysterious plan. You have to beg the fucker to get you that new job you applied for but when it comes to a six year old girl being raped and killed by her mother's live in boyfriend.... he's got all that shit planned out ahead of time.

Disgusting.
I want to be laser-clear on this with everyone. I am not a predestinarian like KC, although I appreciate his love of God and his scholarship. There is no "mysterious plan" to me.

1. A rapist has free will as does a victim. If one is taken away then not everyone has free will.

2. Jesus is able to cleanse away even the memories of suffering and abuse.

3. Christians can see God's hand in working despite suffering and yet condemn/judge/imprison the perpetrators. On what evolutionary, naturalist basis do you see someone procreating by force (the stronger vs. the weaker) and say, "Disgusting"? How do you contrive a moral platform touching a naturalistic, instinctual, procreative act?

Thanks.
15-04-2013, 03:34 PM
(15-04-2013 11:44 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I want to be laser-clear on this with everyone. I am not a predestinarian like KC
Oh. That makes it all better Dodgy So you have this special knowledge of the properties and habits of invisible higher dimensional beings how ? Oh you read your dodgy third hand translated thousands of years old book written by priestly control freak types. How convincing.

Quote:1. A rapist has free will as does a victim. If one is taken away then not everyone has free will.
so it's the victim's fault for not wanting to not be raped hard enough ? God foreknew that the victim would be raped. a. how is the rapist's freewill more important than the victim's ? b. How is this an example of freewill if God knew it would happen ahead of time and allowed it to happen ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-04-2013, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 09:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-04-2013 11:44 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Ah yes, sky daddy's mysterious plan. You have to beg the fucker to get you that new job you applied for but when it comes to a six year old girl being raped and killed by her mother's live in boyfriend.... he's got all that shit planned out ahead of time.

Disgusting.
I want to be laser-clear on this with everyone. I am not a predestinarian like KC, although I appreciate his love of God and his scholarship. There is no "mysterious plan" to me.

1. A rapist has free will as does a victim. If one is taken away then not everyone has free will.

2. Jesus is able to cleanse away even the memories of suffering and abuse.

3. Christians can see God's hand in working despite suffering and yet condemn/judge/imprison the perpetrators. On what evolutionary, naturalist basis do you see someone procreating by force (the stronger vs. the weaker) and say, "Disgusting"? How do you contrive a moral platform touching a naturalistic, instinctual, procreative act?

Thanks.
1. The god(s) failed, yet again to protect the innocent, just as they always have. Thank you Jebus. The god(s) seem to be powerless, when it counts. See 2 and 3 below. It's all in your head, PleasyJeeby.

2. re #2. Jebus died 2000 years ago. You have not demonstrated anything to make anyone think otherwise, reverend. Jebus can "do" nothing. It's all in the mind of the beholder.

3. Just proves "confirmation bias". Nothing else. You are deluded. Sad

4. You're wasting your congregation's time and money here. Have you nothing better to do ? Like go back to school , and actually learn something about the Bible, and your cult.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post