GoFund

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2017, 04:26 PM
GoFund
I really hate doing this.

As some of you may know I've bee trying to get on disability for my Epilepsy for years now. I've finally run out of options recently.
I have a bunch of old medical bills and back child support due and I don't know what to do about it.
I've set up a GoFundMe page to try to raise money to cover some of these expenses.
If anyone would like to help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
17-07-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: GoFund
I'm really sorry to hear that, I wish I could afford to donate. I hope some others here can help you Heart

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
18-07-2017, 01:46 AM
Whoah.... why are you being denied disability? I'm on disability, maybe I can help with some advice/suggestions you've not tried? I mean.... Hmm..... if any medical condition is interfering with work, especially if you have like a lot of jobs like I did after my diagnosis.... well.... in my limited experience they'll say "this is clearly impacting your ability to hold a job" and not really question it further. I mean I did have to go see a state Dr which.... kinda noticed the obvious shit my Dr had already seen so that wasn't an issue. But like if you have documented cases of Epilepsy I can't see how they could/would reasonably deny you!

I do know you can hire a lawyer to represent you when applying for SDI. I know you don't have money, but it seems you need this, maybe you could do a go fund me to hire a lawyer to help you fix this! I know if I had the money I'd help.

Personally I'm hoping to be off disability soon, I don't think I need it anymore, and I don't want it either. If I could I'd give you mine once I land a job.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
18-07-2017, 11:22 AM
(18-07-2017 01:46 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Whoah.... why are you being denied disability? I'm on disability, maybe I can help with some advice/suggestions you've not tried? I mean.... Hmm..... if any medical condition is interfering with work, especially if you have like a lot of jobs like I did after my diagnosis.... well.... in my limited experience they'll say "this is clearly impacting your ability to hold a job" and not really question it further. I mean I did have to go see a state Dr which.... kinda noticed the obvious shit my Dr had already seen so that wasn't an issue. But like if you have documented cases of Epilepsy I can't see how they could/would reasonably deny you!

I do know you can hire a lawyer to represent you when applying for SDI. I know you don't have money, but it seems you need this, maybe you could do a go fund me to hire a lawyer to help you fix this! I know if I had the money I'd help.

Personally I'm hoping to be off disability soon, I don't think I need it anymore, and I don't want it either. If I could I'd give you mine once I land a job.

I had a lawyer who I hired contingent on my winning or not. The main reason they gave me for denial is that I haven't had a lot of hospital visits for seizures. I told my friends and employers/co-workers not to call 911 because it was costing me a fortune for ambulance rides and ER fees.
18-07-2017, 12:02 PM
(18-07-2017 11:22 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 01:46 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Whoah.... why are you being denied disability? I'm on disability, maybe I can help with some advice/suggestions you've not tried? I mean.... Hmm..... if any medical condition is interfering with work, especially if you have like a lot of jobs like I did after my diagnosis.... well.... in my limited experience they'll say "this is clearly impacting your ability to hold a job" and not really question it further. I mean I did have to go see a state Dr which.... kinda noticed the obvious shit my Dr had already seen so that wasn't an issue. But like if you have documented cases of Epilepsy I can't see how they could/would reasonably deny you!

I had a lawyer who I hired contingent on my winning or not. The main reason they gave me for denial is that I haven't had a lot of hospital visits for seizures. I told my friends and employers/co-workers not to call 911 because it was costing me a fortune for ambulance rides and ER fees.

Can you talk with the doctor who treats you for Epilepsy? I would think that could be a starting point. Let him or her know what's going on financially and the effects it's having on your ability to work. Maybe try another lawyer. Wow. This isn't right. You should be on disibility.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-07-2017, 01:36 PM
If you can't work, that's what SDI is for! I hope you can get on SDI, till then I hope you find the money you need to help cover the bills. Once I got a job maybe I'll be able to help ya some.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
18-07-2017, 01:42 PM
(18-07-2017 12:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 11:22 AM)pablo Wrote:  I had a lawyer who I hired contingent on my winning or not. The main reason they gave me for denial is that I haven't had a lot of hospital visits for seizures. I told my friends and employers/co-workers not to call 911 because it was costing me a fortune for ambulance rides and ER fees.

Can you talk with the doctor who treats you for Epilepsy? I would think that could be a starting point. Let him or her know what's going on financially and the effects it's having on your ability to work. Maybe try another lawyer. Wow. This isn't right. You should be on disibility.

I've worked with a neurologist, unfortunately I can't get back in until the 25th of Sept. unless there's a cancellation.
18-07-2017, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 02:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-07-2017 04:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have a bunch of old medical bills and back child support due and I don't know what to do about it.

I'll help you out brother on the child support and the money to go bankrupt on the medical bills (assuming ManlyGirl lets me, I'll throw in the child support bit to soften her miserly ass up) but it's not worth anyone's money to try and pay off old medical bills only to file for bankruptcy in the end anyway. Our President's already done it 4 times, he recognizes it for the valuable tool it is. ... Wait, is the mother of your children remarried to a rich guy? 'Cause then I'd say fuck the child support too.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-07-2017, 02:59 PM
(18-07-2017 02:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 04:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have a bunch of old medical bills and back child support due and I don't know what to do about it.

I'll help you out brother on the child support and the money to go bankrupt on the medical bills (assuming ManlyGirl lets me, I'll throw in the child support bit to soften her miserly ass up) but it's not worth anyone's money to try and pay off old medical bills only to file for bankruptcy in the end anyway. Our President's already done it 4 times, he recognizes it for the valuable tool it is. ... Wait, is the mother of your children remarried to a rich guy? 'Cause then I'd say fuck the child support too.

I dunno about Illinois - but in Michigan, child support gets paid out by Friend of the Court (colloquially known as "Friend of the Cunt"), and they will even attach SSI payments to collect. Pretty much the only way to get outta paying is to live in jail, or to die....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-07-2017, 05:28 PM
(18-07-2017 02:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 02:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'll help you out brother on the child support and the money to go bankrupt on the medical bills (assuming ManlyGirl lets me, I'll throw in the child support bit to soften her miserly ass up) but it's not worth anyone's money to try and pay off old medical bills only to file for bankruptcy in the end anyway. Our President's already done it 4 times, he recognizes it for the valuable tool it is. ... Wait, is the mother of your children remarried to a rich guy? 'Cause then I'd say fuck the child support too.

I dunno about Illinois - but in Michigan, child support gets paid out by Friend of the Court (colloquially known as "Friend of the Cunt"), and they will even attach SSI payments to collect. Pretty much the only way to get outta paying is to live in jail, or to die....

We weren't married but the support agreement was in Indiana. I have no Idea where the paperwork is for that anymore. I've moved and been flooded at least three times now.