Poll: What do you think of this idea?
It's a great idea!
Good idea, bad implementation.
I don't care either way.
I hate it.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
[GoMobile Mod] Mobile Navigation Update

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 09:53 PM by DeepThought.)
RE: [GoMobile Mod] Mobile Navigation Update
So if I implement this will it break the registration page captcha functionality?

How well does jquery play with the prototype framework.

Will they fight over $ variable binding?

---

I think it should be possible to get prototype and jquery to play nicely. How the menu and other things dependent on jquery operate determines if it will work properly.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: [GoMobile Mod] Mobile Navigation Update
(03-05-2014 05:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  So if I implement this will it break the registration page captcha functionality?

How well does jquery play with the prototype framework.

Will they fight over $ variable binding?

---

I think it should be possible to get prototype and jquery to play nicely. How the menu and other things dependent on jquery operate determines if it will work properly.

The captcha functionality is not changed by my menu (at least to my knowledge). I found the bug that was mentioned, it's a refresh glitch. It is still there even after I took off the menu. I believe it's because I'm using MyBB 1.6.13, I just need to update a variable somewhere (haven't checked, been busy this weekend. If I find a fix I'll let you know).

Yes, jQuery does not play nice with other jQueries...unless you know the fix described here by Euan T (which I already implemented in the code provided). I also don't use the default MyBB prototype, Google their online repository for it so you get all the latest updates (same with jQuery, but I assume you knew this one). Then link the jQuery repository AFTER prototype and it will work just fine.

Also, I'd say in the next week or so, I should get a double side bar header going. Right now I'm trying to work with the developer of SlideBars to implement his plugin, though if that doesn't work then I'm sure Modernizr will.

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply