God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 10:37 PM
God?
If "god" is all knowing and all powerful, then, "god" is all responsible! I prefer to believe there is a "god" simply because I then have someone to hold completely responsible for all the murders, rapes, child abuse, and wars etc.! Of course, being a highly intelligent person I completely despise this so called creator. If there is a "hell", then "god" is the one being that should inhabit it for all eternity. He is the APEX, and therefore he alone is responsible for everything and everyone he "creates"; good, bad, or otherwise... that is what one gets when one creates!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 01:40 AM

RE: God?
(28-03-2013 10:37 PM)godwho Wrote:   If "god" is all knowing and all powerful, then, "god" is all responsible! I prefer to believe there is a "god" simply because I then have someone to hold completely responsible for all the murders, rapes, child abuse, and wars etc.! Of course, being a highly intelligent person I completely despise this so called creator. If there is a "hell", then "god" is the one being that should inhabit it for all eternity. He is the APEX, and therefore he alone is responsible for everything and everyone he "creates"; good, bad, or otherwise... that is what one gets when one creates!

Well said. I agree with everything except despising God.

God is responsible for all evil. God allows it to happen, moreover, God creates it. Satan is just the tempter. Satan doesn't even sin.

Jesus said in his prayer, "...and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

If you study Jesus closely, and the things he says about the Father, you will come away with a picture of a God that is focused on getting what He wants, and there is nothing he won't do to get it--and he can switch off the universe any time He wants to, or change it any way He wants to.

God is morality. What God does is good. We do good when we do what God has commanded us to do, but there is no one commanding God to do anything, and your little rebellion? He'll just throw you in hell. You should think about that.

Imagine a torture that you can't escape and that you can't die from, and that is done until the one doing it decides they don't want to do it anymore, always knowing that your screams bring them pleasure. If I were describing a man, you could fight against that with your fists or a gun. But how are you going to punch or shoot God?

You think you can rebel, and that in some way that is noble, but you fail to realize that your entire comprehension of nobility comes from God who taught it to you.

Again, you're not dealing with a man; you're not dealing with an angel. God is the substance of all things--you serve Him as you were created to do, because that is your happiness. It's the only way you can be happy in the end.
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:55 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 4 users Like Doctor X's post
29-03-2013, 02:04 AM
(28-03-2013 10:37 PM)godwho Wrote:   If "god" is all knowing and all powerful, then, "god" is all responsible! I prefer to believe there is a "god" simply because I then have someone to hold completely responsible for all the murders, rapes, child abuse, and wars etc.! Of course, being a highly intelligent person I completely despise this so called creator. If there is a "hell", then "god" is the one being that should inhabit it for all eternity. He is the APEX, and therefore he alone is responsible for everything and everyone he "creates"; good, bad, or otherwise... that is what one gets when one creates!

If God killed every one who was about to commit a murder or a rape, you would be here spouting off how evil God is for striking down innocent people with lightening bolts.
29-03-2013, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:56 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
29-03-2013, 02:14 AM
(29-03-2013 02:08 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  Which excuses his inactivity not one bit.

--J.D.

Why do you think God has some moral obligation to interfere with the affairs of men?
29-03-2013, 02:18 AM
(29-03-2013 02:14 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:08 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  Which excuses his inactivity not one bit.

--J.D.

Why do you think God has some moral obligation to interfere with the affairs of men?

I think we all get that impression from reading the bible.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-03-2013, 02:22 AM
(29-03-2013 02:18 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:14 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Why do you think God has some moral obligation to interfere with the affairs of men?

...or, you know, how his minions are always interfering in the affairs of men.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-03-2013, 02:22 AM
(29-03-2013 02:18 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:14 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Why do you think God has some moral obligation to interfere with the affairs of men?

Now your shifting the goal post. The original post wasn't about the God of the bible but rather a generic O3 god.
29-03-2013, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:56 PM by Doctor X.)