God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: God?
(29-03-2013 09:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 03:39 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  I should learn the difference between "Like" and "Reply."

Nevertheless, ever notice how happy theists are to submit others to horrible torture in order to maintain the delusion that they are "special" and the universe cares for them?

Pathetic.

--J.D.

Perhaps you could use normal size fonts so some of us with aging eyes don't have to squint to read your comments, or alternately, skip reading your comments?

No, no. Maybe Doc doesn't want us to read his comments.
Doc, please make your letter smaller because I still can read what you write. Oh, and please, continue using that ugly Times New Roman font.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
29-03-2013, 10:41 AM
(29-03-2013 09:41 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  ⌘+

--J.D.

I did that. It hurt my eyes. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:52 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 12:20 PM
(29-03-2013 03:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 03:15 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  A reward for giving him an ego boost, is heaven which is the very definition of spoiling.

Spoiled children have no fear of punishment(like going to hell) so your analogy fails.

The chimerical or supernatural notions of theology have so succeeded in destroying, in the minds of men, the most simple, dear, and natural ideas, that the devout, unable to accuse God of malice, accustom themselves to regard the several strokes of fate as indubitable proofs of celestial goodness. When in affliction, they are ordered to believe that God loves them, that God visits them, that God wishes to try them. Thus religion has attained the art of converting evil into good! A profane person said with reason—If God Almighty thus treats those whom he loves, I earnestly beseech him never to think of me.

Men must have received very gloomy and cruel ideas of their God, who is called so good, to believe that the most dreadful calamities and piercing afflictions are marks of his favour! Would an evil genius, a demon, be more ingenious in tormenting his enemies, than the God of goodness sometimes is, who so often exercises his severity upon his dearest friends?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-03-2013, 02:54 PM
(29-03-2013 03:34 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 03:29 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Smallpox and the tumor are both diseases.

Non sequitur, son. The are about as same as you are the same as a pot of begonias.

Quote:The details are a little different

A bit more than a "little"--try "a hugemongous amount."

Quote:but both entail lots of suffering.

No, son. Try not to make exposure of your desperate ignorance so manifest. But fast! Do you know of a vaccine for . . . pontine astrocytoma? Do share it with us!

Oh wait . . . you do not. It is not caused by a virus. Yes, see how much easier this is if you actually know what you are blathering about? You should try it! Perhaps you will cease belittling the suffering of children for which your Evil fairy tale does . . . nothing.

Quote:Humanity could have a cure for that tumor by now. . . .

And we could all have PONIES!!!

Maybe your Evil Fairy tale is preventing the research?

Does that make you feel better.

Sad, son, sad.

--J.D.

J.D.

The claim by the original poster is God is evil because He allows bad things to happen in the world.
I make a counter argument that perhaps God allows bad things to happen so that humanity has the incentive to engage in things like science and such in order to come up with solutions. Tragedy brings us together and provides us an incentive to learn.

Instead of countering my counter argument, you engage in obsfuscation with your incessant referral to people lying in their own poop and enage in ad hominem attacks like calling me a sad person. You realy haven't said anything of substance in this thread.
29-03-2013, 03:04 PM
(29-03-2013 03:19 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 03:15 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  A reward for giving him an ego boost, is heaven which is the very definition of spoiling.

Spoiled children have no fear of punishment(like going to hell) so your analogy fails.

Drinking Beverage

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
29-03-2013, 04:17 PM
(29-03-2013 02:04 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If God killed every one who was about to commit a murder or a rape, you would be here spouting off how evil God is for striking down innocent people with lightening bolts.

Calvin: "It's hard to be religious when certain people are never
incinerated by bolts of lightning.” - Bill Watterson

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
29-03-2013, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:52 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 3 users Like Doctor X's post
29-03-2013, 04:32 PM
(29-03-2013 02:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The claim by the original poster is God is evil because He allows bad things to happen in the world.
I make a counter argument that perhaps God allows bad things to happen so that humanity has the incentive to engage in things like science and such in order to come up with solutions. Tragedy brings us together and provides us an incentive to learn.

If you saw a child rapist about to enter a room to rape a child, would you stop them? Would it be evil for someone that has the ability to stop them, to let them rape the child?

I'll bet we would both agree that stopping the child rapist is the moral thing to do.
29-03-2013, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:53 PM by Doctor X.)

[+] 3 users Like Doctor X's post