God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:51 PM by Doctor X.)
RE: God?

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 08:26 PM
(29-03-2013 08:25 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 07:36 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Heywoodian tactics

Fortunately, reality is not determined by his willful ignorance.

--J.D.

Another ad hominem instead of attacking my arguments.

Again you disappoint with another unsubstantive comment
29-03-2013, 08:29 PM
(29-03-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:19 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My belief concerning the problem of evil is this. A person can make a rational argument that God should stop all evil acts...of course as a consequence free will goes out the window. A person can also make a rational argument that free will prevents God from interfering at all. However if a person makes an argument that God should prevent some evil acts and not others...then that persons position isn't based on a rationale argument but rather it is based on their own personal values.

I don't find peoples value judgements to be convincing arguments.

My own opinion is the gift of freewill prevents God from interceding.

But if god is all knowing, past, present, and future, it kind of negates the idea of freewill doesn't it? And if freewill prevents god from anything, god's not all powerful is he?

These are subjects for another thread so I won' t comment about them here. I have already commented on omnipotence in a thread about God making Rocks so heavy he can' t move them. You can search for that thread if you are really interested in my position.
29-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Nah, not really.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-03-2013, 08:33 PM
(29-03-2013 08:29 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  But if god is all knowing, past, present, and future, it kind of negates the idea of freewill doesn't it? And if freewill prevents god from anything, god's not all powerful is he?

These are subjects for another thread so I won' t comment about them here. I have already commented on omnipotence in a thread about God making Rocks so heavy he can' t move them. You can search for that thread if you are really interested in my position.

I hear you, they are different subjects. But the problem is that you are using arguments in this thread that have such big problems of their own that they require whole other threads to go over them. (and they usually go over about like this one) See my point?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-03-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:51 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
29-03-2013, 08:40 PM
(29-03-2013 08:19 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My own opinion is the gift of freewill prevents God from interceding.

Well, that makes the whole prayer thing rather pointless then, doesn't it? Thumbsup

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
29-03-2013, 08:47 PM
(29-03-2013 08:40 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:19 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My own opinion is the gift of freewill prevents God from interceding.

Well, that makes the whole prayer thing rather pointless then, doesn't it? Thumbsup

Another red herring. I won' t comment on the power of prayer here so as not to feed your obsfuscation. However if you want to know my position on the mattet read the thread about prayer studies being fatally flawed.
29-03-2013, 08:49 PM
(29-03-2013 08:35 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:26 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Another ad hominem instead of attacking my arguments.

Ipse dixit but incorrect: I merely present an accurate portrayal of your lack of character and a devastating rebuttal of your inhuman apologetics. Add in a dash your your inability to address the points and you have become, basically, My Bitch.

Dance for me!

Dance!

Quote:Again you disappoint with another unsubstantive comment

From someone not a Gentleman, who is a liar, a hypocrite, and now a coward, I take that as a compliment.

Bitch.

--J.D.

More insults and no substance.

I forgive you for calling me a liar and hypocrite.
29-03-2013, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:52 PM by Doctor X.)