God Created the World (no big bang)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: God Created the World (no big bang)
Oh, AoC. When will you see the truth?

You've been deceived by your priests and clergymen. What really happened was that thousands of years ago, there was this One Ring; consisting of the Alpha and the Omega. It was inherently evil and had to be destroyed and so a Fellowship of the Ring was formed to take the ring to Mount Doom. After much trials and hardships, God (let's call him "Frodo") cast the Ring into the fires of Mount Doom. The resulting explosion was so massive that what we call a "Big Bang" occurred and simultaneously destroyed what was and created all of what is.

We know this to be true because there are many, many books written on the topic and millions of people have heard the tale (or, "creation story").

So stop fighting the obvious and just accept it.

"Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass."

-Saint Gandalf

...please please please recognize the parallels between your evidence-less assertions and this post.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Buddy Christ's post
18-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Lmao. I love the "Whether you believe or not, Jesus still loves you" that christians like to pull.

I can never tell if it's a threat; a comeback; I don't know. As a former christian, I know the only reason they say it is to make some kind of jab as us atheists, but even back then I didn't really know what effect I expected it to have. Do they want us to hear it and say "Ugh! You-.....you little-.......you can't-......BAAAHHH!!!!!" HoboCensoredWeeping

Then the christian snaps his fingers in a super-win and struts away?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
18-09-2012, 07:48 AM
(15-09-2012 06:57 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.... 2 Tim 3:16

Man wrote the bible ... but what man wrote came from God.... God gave and inspired them what to say....

AmenBowing

So god has lungs now ? Seems she has Emphysema, maybe, or Bronchitis.
Please tell us how, exactly, the "giving" and "inspiration" worked, and how *exactly* that is different from someone sitting at a desk, making up shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-09-2012, 08:11 AM
(15-09-2012 06:57 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.... 2 Tim 3:16

Man wrote the bible ... but what man wrote came from God.... God gave and inspired them what to say....

AmenBowing

Interesting idea.

Tell me, do you have any evidence to support this claim, or at the very least a provisional observation which can be tested or otherwise corroborated by neutral and detracting parties?

If I am assuming correctly, here is the answer to my own question, and it is thus:

WARNING, TURN DOWN VOLUME AND TURN OFF VIDEO ANNOTATIONS

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
18-09-2012, 08:13 AM
(16-09-2012 09:42 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ... God (let's call him "Frodo") ...

Blasphemy!

Frodo was the saviour! His father was Drogo or goD (anagram).
Gandalf lives and is an angel not a saint.

Please go back and study your scripture.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
18-09-2012, 08:31 AM
(15-09-2012 06:16 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  God created everything.. heaven, earth, plants life, human life, etc.

These things did not just happen... God made it happen.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Amen Bowing
I am willing to bet my entire fortune you did not even bow or scream amen when hitting "post." Regardless however....

Get a mirror and flashlight, and hold that flashlight still as it can symbolize and characterize the sun, the mirror will pose as the moon. With our own earth's gravitational field, orbit of the moon is inevitable obviously, so keep that flashlight still and move the mirror into different angles as you flash the light onto it, You will see the central beam of light that hits against the mirror change positions as the mirror "orbits" the flashlight, and if you pay attention to the walls around you, the light and shadow that projects alters as well. This experiment alone explains the relationship between the sun and the purloined light of the moon, and also disproves that the moon is its own light source, which the biblical legend claims.

Of course I take grand notice to the only "verse" (the word verse alone makes it all sound pretentious.) that you stand by, not even taking an eye to the process of waters and land and humans, but of course I would. And I dare you to create an offspring with a handful of dirt and not a single fossil or muscle tissue and see it stand. But allow us to look at the history of discovered remains. We, as human beings, were conceived through "god's idea" 6500 years ago, according to biblical mythology, starting with Adam and then Eve. But the account of the oldest discovered human fossil is approximately 1,300,000 years old. That would have given merit that humans lived on earth before God conceived either humans or the earth and depending on how much evidence you consider to be probable, and how you define us as a species, you could place humans at between 1.8 million and 130,000 years old, but regardless, no one could sensibly claim that humans are less than 130,000 years old. There is simply too much evidence available for our inspection.

An anonymous writer once wrote of creation as quote, "Let’s take the Christian God’s greatest act, creating the world and all who live on it (indirectly). The start of all this, on God’s own words: 'For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day'. Using genealogy, we can roughly estimate the age of the earth, as stated by the Bible, to be 6500 years. The very top estimate would be close to 10,000 years, but that’s a stretch. Science has proven that the earth is closer to 4.5 billion years old. Radiometric dating has shown us this, and has remained consistent with lunar and terrestrial samples. In other words, we haven’t just tested this once in one situation, it’s been extensively tested."

Something can however be said between both sides on the birth of everything, that it is essential that everyone is curious enough to to be given the proposal of what gave it purpose and existence. The fact that you abuse genesis enough to promote it as fact when the only quote out of it you're most outspoken of is reflective to when a parent abuses a child's own imagination and behavior with Santa Claus is an absurd circumstance. I can only suppose that if the creation of your own deity's human form is only important enough when pretending to be eating their flesh and pretending to be drinking their blood once a month, not much can be funded for creationism in the first place.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
18-09-2012, 09:19 AM
I just look at Christianity (and pretty much every other religion) like I do mythology.
Sure, there's some pretty neat fables and cute little moral stories going on but it's all just a way to explain what (some feel) can't be.
Oh there's light shooting out of the sky? Must be god.
Oh, there's thunder? Must be god.
Just like most of those "gods" have been disproved since mythology was an active form of religion in ancient Greece and Rome, the "modern gods" are slowly making their way out, as well.
There is a reason for everything, maybe that reason is not tangible enough for some, but it exists.
I feel our purpose (other than biologically speaking) is to discover.
Our brains have evolved to be the only creature in our world that can truly understand.
I'm sure it will be long after my time, but I feel we will make the true connection to disprove religion..it's just a matter of discovery.
Science is something so disorderly that we cannot even truly grasp all the new information coming in on a regular basis. We are constantly aiming to disprove ourselves. On a constant path to succeed and excel.
That is pretty awesome to me. It's pretty exciting.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
18-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Ambassador,

All I have read from you in any of your posts is merely regurgitated Christian talking points. Do you have any independent thought whatsoever? Don't just tell us what you believe, but also why you believe it (and please, more than "because God said so" or some equivalent). If you just keep regurgitating what you've heard from others, you will compel me to believe that you're just another mindless believer following preachers obediently like a brain-washed blank slate.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
18-09-2012, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 01:41 PM by depat.)
I used to believe that, just as fully as you do. Then, in my fourties I started University. I sought out the best education I could get. I studied what it means to be human--The Humanities. I learned that human sexuality, desire, gender and sex identification are amazingly complicated--the science of it. I realized that God knew nothing about the biology of human sexuality (homosexuals are abomanation, God said) . I studied psychology, and realized God knew nothing about mental illness (demon posession, Jesus said), I studied women's histories, and realized God is confused about the value of women (female fetus worth less than a male fetus, and in Genisis God presents two creation stories). I studied religion, and found out that all the worlds major religions are patriarchal centered and most believe that are the only way (devalue women and all "others" not like them). . . .

I had a friend in one of my classes, about my age, she argued with a professor that women do indeed have
one more rib than men because "the bible tells me" so. I once believed that too my friend. God and the pastors "told me so."

Leaving God hurt for awhile, but I am recovered and I am free to clearly see the worth of the Homosexual, my worth as a female woman, to feel great empathy toward those with mental illness, In short, to know the world is round.

Try an education not centered on your worldview in order to get a full comparrison of ideas.
[+] 5 users Like depat's post
18-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Your intellectual life is very important. I would love to see you climb out of that Platonic cave, free your body and your mind. The pain is worth the adventure, your freedom is worth more than that.

It's unfortunate that your intellectual freedom is not as important to most of us here as freeing the goodless soul is/should be to you.
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post