God Created the World (no big bang)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: God Created the World (no big bang)
I just look at Christianity (and pretty much every other religion) like I do mythology.
Sure, there's some pretty neat fables and cute little moral stories going on but it's all just a way to explain what (some feel) can't be.
Oh there's light shooting out of the sky? Must be god.
Oh, there's thunder? Must be god.
Just like most of those "gods" have been disproved since mythology was an active form of religion in ancient Greece and Rome, the "modern gods" are slowly making their way out, as well.
There is a reason for everything, maybe that reason is not tangible enough for some, but it exists.
I feel our purpose (other than biologically speaking) is to discover.
Our brains have evolved to be the only creature in our world that can truly understand.
I'm sure it will be long after my time, but I feel we will make the true connection to disprove religion..it's just a matter of discovery.
Science is something so disorderly that we cannot even truly grasp all the new information coming in on a regular basis. We are constantly aiming to disprove ourselves. On a constant path to succeed and excel.
That is pretty awesome to me. It's pretty exciting.

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: God Created the World (no big bang) - ctull - 18-09-2012 09:19 AM