God Created the World (no big bang)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 01:41 PM by depat.)
RE: God Created the World (no big bang)
I used to believe that, just as fully as you do. Then, in my fourties I started University. I sought out the best education I could get. I studied what it means to be human--The Humanities. I learned that human sexuality, desire, gender and sex identification are amazingly complicated--the science of it. I realized that God knew nothing about the biology of human sexuality (homosexuals are abomanation, God said) . I studied psychology, and realized God knew nothing about mental illness (demon posession, Jesus said), I studied women's histories, and realized God is confused about the value of women (female fetus worth less than a male fetus, and in Genisis God presents two creation stories). I studied religion, and found out that all the worlds major religions are patriarchal centered and most believe that are the only way (devalue women and all "others" not like them). . . .

I had a friend in one of my classes, about my age, she argued with a professor that women do indeed have
one more rib than men because "the bible tells me" so. I once believed that too my friend. God and the pastors "told me so."

Leaving God hurt for awhile, but I am recovered and I am free to clearly see the worth of the Homosexual, my worth as a female woman, to feel great empathy toward those with mental illness, In short, to know the world is round.

Try an education not centered on your worldview in order to get a full comparrison of ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like depat's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: God Created the World (no big bang) - depat - 18-09-2012 01:37 PM