God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 10:11 AM
God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools
Bryan Fischer, the conservative Christian who has continuously drawn the ire of groups such as the Southern Poverty Law Center and GLAAD for his anti-gay rhetoric
and vitriolic tirades on behalf of the American Family Association, said on his radio show that God did not protect the victims of the Connecticut
shooting because prayer has been prohibited from the public school system:

Quote:The question is going to come up, where was God? I though God cared about the little children. God protects the little children. Where was God
when all this went down. Here's the bottom line, God is not going to go where he is not wanted.

Now we have spent since 1962 -- we're 50 years into this now--we have spent 50 years telling God to get lost, telling God we do not want you in our
schools, we don't want to pray to you in our schools, we do not want to pray to your before football games, we don't want to pray to you at graduations,
we don't want anybody talking about you in a graduation speech...

In 1962 we kicked prayer out of the schools. In 1963 we kicked God's word out of ours schools. In 1980 we kicked the Ten Commandments out of our schools.
We've kicked God out of our public school system. And I think God would say to us, 'Hey, I'll be glad to protect your children, but you've got to invite me
back into your world first. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. I am a gentlemen.

Full note with video in the Huffington Post here

What kind of bullshit is this??

So, those poor kid's parents are guilty for kicking god out of school???

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools
(17-12-2012 10:11 AM)KVron Wrote:  ...
Bryan Fischer ...

So, the shooting happened cos god was sulking.

Fischer's going for the Falwell-style ratings, I'd guess.

Not sure why his god would care about being popular, liked / disliked, though.

Blink

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-12-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools
This is just another distraction from the fact that mental illness is not being looked into and supported. I'm not just talking about the mental illness that Adam had, but of all mental well-being. All this media attention in the wrong place is encouraging the next isolated apathetic individual to go out 'somebody' instead of a nobody.

From what I see in history, all this shit and more happened BECAUSE of God- whole towns and cities, except for the virgins. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
17-12-2012, 10:27 AM
So to add to the WBC...now god hates kids?

I find it amazing that some xians can square this in their minds.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
17-12-2012, 10:42 AM
So God is a sadist.
17-12-2012, 01:54 PM
All groups have their idiots.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-12-2012, 01:55 PM
The Christians are overrepresented.

Evolve
[+] 9 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
17-12-2012, 01:56 PM
(17-12-2012 01:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The Christians are overrepresented.
Yup.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Prayer will never be banned in schools until total mind control is possible.
Forced prayer in public schools has been banned.
However, people are still able to pray...good grief.
I am certain there were people praying...it didn't help.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
17-12-2012, 02:46 PM
(17-12-2012 10:11 AM)KVron Wrote:  Bryan Fischer, the conservative Christian who has continuously drawn the ire of groups such as the Southern Poverty Law Center and GLAAD for his anti-gay rhetoric
and vitriolic tirades on behalf of the American Family Association, said on his radio show that God did not protect the victims of the Connecticut
shooting because prayer has been prohibited from the public school system:

Quote:The question is going to come up, where was God? I though God cared about the little children. God protects the little children. Where was God
when all this went down. Here's the bottom line, God is not going to go where he is not wanted.

Now we have spent since 1962 -- we're 50 years into this now--we have spent 50 years telling God to get lost, telling God we do not want you in our
schools, we don't want to pray to you in our schools, we do not want to pray to your before football games, we don't want to pray to you at graduations,
we don't want anybody talking about you in a graduation speech...

In 1962 we kicked prayer out of the schools. In 1963 we kicked God's word out of ours schools. In 1980 we kicked the Ten Commandments out of our schools.
We've kicked God out of our public school system. And I think God would say to us, 'Hey, I'll be glad to protect your children, but you've got to invite me
back into your world first. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. I am a gentlemen.

Full note with video in the Huffington Post here

What kind of bullshit is this??

So, those poor kid's parents are guilty for kicking god out of school???
Aside from how ludicrous Fischer's remarks are...

Why is it that Christians don't ever seem to notice that their god never knows who should be punished? Those kids didn't do anything. It's adults not targeted in the shooting who have decided to keep structured prayer out of schools, but the kids got the punishment. He punishes all of humanity for the sins of the very first two. He punished all the animals and surely many innocent people during the flood of Noah's time. Heck, he even punished his son, Jesus, for the sins of human beings. This perfect, omnipotent, god can't ever get it right! And Christians just carry on murmuring "have a blessed day"...

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post