God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 03:00 PM
RE: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools
But, is it really punishment if he is just bringing them up to heaven?

^ See how that works. Dodgy Christian logic.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools
^
Yup, but eternity praising God on one's knees would indeed be punishment. Tongue

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-12-2012, 03:16 PM
(17-12-2012 03:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  ^
Yup, but eternity praising God on one's knees would indeed be punishment. Tongue
I heard that. Twain said something to that effect too, but I can't seem to find the quote at the moment..

Evolve
17-12-2012, 10:56 PM
If this guy's reaction to 27 dead bodies, 20 of those being children, is to try and use events for political gain then there is something seriously fucked up in his head.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
18-12-2012, 09:14 AM
(17-12-2012 10:56 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If this guy's reaction to 27 dead bodies, 20 of those being children, is to try and use events for political gain then there is something seriously fucked up in his head.
Like, the fact that he thinks a magic man in the sky...exists?

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-12-2012, 09:22 AM
How can god be offended that the separation of church and state prevents teachers from marginalizing all other faiths, and atheist.

In fact how the hell if god is immutable(unchanging) or all powerful, can he ever be offended at all?

And in other theologies, this is his divine plan. Herpy derpy christians.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
19-12-2012, 12:04 AM
I've been fighting this battle for days now. Christians have decided to exploit an emotional vulnerable situation to push their agenda into schools. And my facebook page has been blowing up with daily retards.

If you're in the reading mood, here's the bulk of some of my posts. My relatives are unthinking robots.

(In response to all the "a little girl claims that Jesus protected her and her parents were non-believers" posts)

I suppose I'll kick the hornet's nest.

First, why is it that with all this gun control talk and "put God back in schools" nonsense, no one is bothering to suggest the simplest suggestions? Security guards in schools. Alarm button in each room and a way to get out of each room. Why are schools designed so terribly? The windows never open all the way and the only fire exits are usually down the hall, around the corner somewhere. There's nothing to steal and the last thing any teenager wants to do is to break into a school. That would be like breaking into the dentist's office or stopping by the office on your day off.

Second, to the "a little girl saw Jesus and was protected by him" people spamming the FB home page, there is something terribly wrong with the way your brain processes logic. A horrific massacre of children is taking place... but Jesus is in the other room protecting a couple of specific kids? So he's there in the building... he's 20 feet from children being murdered... and he does nothing?

"Oh well why would he chose to protect the schoolchildren since we forced him out of schools? Why would he protect us when we don't want him there?" That just reinforces my belief that this Jesus character is a vain prick. That would be like if I saw a bus barreling down the road toward a little girl playing in the street who is a few feet away from me. When the bus kills the child, the mother yells at me with tears streaming down her cheeks, "Why didn't you save her?? You just stood there and let her die!" And my response is, "Well she didn't call out for my help." (shrug) "Clearly she didn't want me to save her."

Another thing that struck me as peculiar is that the 8 year old child of this "non-believing" family already knows the story of Jesus? What he looks like? His nature of "saving people?" This kid can barely do addition and subtraction but knows that Jesus "wears white robes" and is associated with "angels"? "Non-believers" my ass. Did he appear and go, "Sup. I'm Jesus. I got your back."? Even that is unlikely since his name isn't actually Jesus.

Next, why is it that children are given no intellectual credence until religion is involved? "Mommy, I see a dragon. He's blowing fire." That's nice, sweetie. "Mommy, I flew to school today on a magic carpet. Zoooom!" Ok, dear. Eat your peas. "Mommy I saw Jesus today, he talked to me in a closet." I must inform the media at once! My child has contact with the divine! A miracle!!

And why didn't ANY of the other children in the closet see this man in white?

Finally, where are you people getting this story from? It doesn't exist through google searches or news stories. I kept coming up with things like "Baptist minister sees Prophet Mohammad during near death experience." Is this a story being passed around in church groups?

There. My anger is slightly diminished. Back to my Satan worshiping. OH GREAT WINGED LORD OF MYTHICAL LEGEND!

(In response to all the actual answers given to the mocking "Where was God?" question)

I don't believe he was asking the question literally. I keep seeing people answering this question as if the initial premise has already been established and we are just trying to figure out the coordinates (where was he?). Rather, when people like he and I pose such a question, it's intended as a mockery towards the supposed premise for even being discussed. We KNOW where god is. We also know where Santa, Poseidon, Zeus, Mithra, Ra, Apollo, and the fairies of Gumdrop Mountain are. Why didn't THEY show up and protect the children either?

This persistent "violence exists when god is absent" stance that people keep pushing doesn't really stand up. Studies have shown (and so has the Bible) that violence and god go hand in hand. It can't just be a coincidence that the most peaceful countries in the world (according to the GPI) are also the most atheist. There should be chaos and rampant murder and blood orgies according to some of the posts I've seen on FB.

But this is all rather a tangent to the real cause. We all are slaves to our chemicals, synapses, and childhood experiences. Raise a child to be the next Pope or ensure that he never even hears the word religion, and he could just as likely become a Charlie Manson or a Dalai Lama type. Increase a child's testosterone levels, cut out parts of his cerebral cortex, and regularly beat him as a child, however, and you've all but guaranteed a violent sociopath.

Religion is basically a placebo drug, whose effects wear off when the person is made aware of the placebo status... or when higher doses are needed and can't be obtained short of a cult Kool-Aid party. Real drugs, like Xanax and Ritalin, have immediate affects on a person's anger and violent tendencies, informing us as to the cause of homicidal acts such as these.

Asking "Where was the Ritalin?" would actually make more sense, but we humans prefer the freedom (even if sometimes horrific) of unbridled unchecked emotion to the lethargic state of a lobotomized human shell.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
19-12-2012, 10:50 AM
The Epicurean paradox was posited some 2300yrs ago (before Jesus for those keeping score). Most scholars (again before Jesus was ever supposedly born) wrote off gods as cruel because evil/suffering exists. At some point (I don't want to say I blame lead-poisoning, but...) the logically inconsistent idea of an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent being still became popular. Throughout all of that, the Epicurean paradox has been repeated many different ways, by many different people (most Christian-turned-atheists reason it on their own before they hear it) and yet, the deluded, the moronic, and the horrible make the claim "God loves the children but won't protect them because he's a vengeful creep and it's our fault we have suffering..."

I'm sorry, but to invoke a god OF ANY KIND in the face of such a tragedy is just plain sick. There is no RELEVANT god when 20 children are slaughtered. Any theistic wingnut claiming anything about any god, is officially summarily dismissed as having any valid opinion about anything.

When you stake your existence in an irrelevant god, you become irrelevant to the discourse of truth and resolution to a problem. Theism will never solve problems, but it sure creates them.
19-12-2012, 11:09 AM
'Your children got murdered because you didn't agree with me'

Some people have no shame.
20-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Here's the response I posted after seeing Huckerbee's monologue posted for the fourth time.

I posted this in response to someone sharing Mike Huckabee's tirades relating to the recent shooting deaths in Connecticut. Huckabee is among a group of right wing figures who say that the reason God didn't intervene in these shootings is that God has been forced out of schools so, like a gentleman, God chose not to go where he was not wanted.

I'm posting this here so that my position on this opinion is on record for anyone considering posting similar claims:

The confronting truth seems to be that this guy can't argue his case rationally so now seeks to cherry pick tragedies and use them to bolster his cause. It's happening all over the Internet. I have seen serious claims that the boy was possessed by Satan. I have seen serious claims that the boy was acting under the influence of some kind of vaccine-carried toxin.

The point is that after trying to get your message across for a decade or two it can be tempting to search for the biggest tragedy you can find and claim that is all the evidence you need, without even seriously considering whether the evidence backs your case or not.

Let me read Huckabee's message back to you. He doesn't like secularism. He doesn't like church and state being separated. He wants a theocracy. He wants the government of his country to be able to tell the people of his country which religion to follow and how to follow it. He wants some right wing version of Christianity to be explicitly promoted by government.

Now he's extending on that argument. He's saying that unless you let government decide what the religion of the people should be instead of leaving it up to the people to decide that then God will punish the nation. God will murder your children, or stand back and let them be murdered. He says that this has nothing to do with the appalling state of mental health treatment in the United States that he opposes fixing. He says this has nothing to do with the boy's mother keeping an assault rifle in her house, something he demands government allow more of. He says this has nothing to do with the mother's obsession with end times prophecy.

No. None of that. This is punishment from God. God is only worshipped by the people of the united states. He isn't officially enshrined by the government of the united states. He hates this so much he's going to kill your children or let them be killed. This is punishment from God for America having highest percentage rate of Christians in the western world. That's the reason these children are dead.

Well, I question that assertion.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.