God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2012, 11:20 PM
RE: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools
That really annoyed me...using a sad heart-breaking event to push your own views on a non-related subject out there? = / Dick-move.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2012, 10:02 AM
RE: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools
Now that they believe it is possible to chase God away, I think we had best get on that. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
23-12-2012, 10:33 AM
This kind of thinking makes me die a little inside every time I see it.
30-12-2012, 02:47 AM
(17-12-2012 10:11 AM)KVron Wrote:  Bryan Fischer, the conservative Christian who has continuously drawn the ire of groups such as the Southern Poverty Law Center and GLAAD for his anti-gay rhetoric
and vitriolic tirades on behalf of the American Family Association, said on his radio show that God did not protect the victims of the Connecticut
shooting because prayer has been prohibited from the public school system:

Quote:
The question is going to come up, where was God? I though God cared about the little children. God protects the little children. Where was God
when all this went down. Here's the bottom line, God is not going to go where he is not wanted.

Now we have spent since 1962 -- we're 50 years into this now--we have spent 50 years telling God to get lost, telling God we do not want you in our
schools, we don't want to pray to you in our schools, we do not want to pray to your before football games, we don't want to pray to you at graduations,
we don't want anybody talking about you in a graduation speech...

In 1962 we kicked prayer out of the schools. In 1963 we kicked God's word out of ours schools. In 1980 we kicked the Ten Commandments out of our schools.
We've kicked God out of our public school system. And I think God would say to us, 'Hey, I'll be glad to protect your children, but you've got to invite me
back into your world first. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. I am a gentlemen.

Full note with video in the Huffington Post here

What kind of bullshit is this??

So, those poor kid's parents are guilty for kicking god out of school???

Let's also not forget that their idea of god is that of an all knowing, all seeing, all powerful, and omnipotent. If he does exist (he doesn't by the way), just how the hell could we as humans keep he/she/it out of something?
30-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I've seen the "god wasn't wanted so he didn't save them" claim being repeated all over the internet, and it disgusts me. How can anyone believe that? The kids would have died if the school was the full of pious students and run by the Pope himself. When has god ever saved anyone? Where was he during the holocaust? Where was he when a hurricane battered the southern coast of America and killed a few thousand people? And anyway god wasn't kicked out of school. Kids and teachers are free to pray, they just can't mandate it in class. Did the kids die because prayer was optional? A bunch of irrational, offensive statements about how the deaths were the result of a lack of faith...

I thought it was restricted to a few crazies on television, but religious people keep repeating it on forums all over the internet.

It scares me how people can be so ignorant and hateful.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  School Shooting in Portland OR today. Hobbitgirl 65 851 14-06-2014 05:30 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Atheism to be studied in Irish schools. I Am 8 484 05-10-2013 04:08 PM
Last Post: Hughsie
  Snipers in Egypt shooting at both sides. I and I 19 639 15-07-2013 08:51 PM
Last Post: Phaedrus