God Does Not Exist (Need Insight)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: God Does Not Exist (Need Insight)
It should furthermore be noted that science is limited by its tools and approach in identifying what does and doesn't exist. For example, if we detect a pulsar in another galaxy, we cannot actually claim it exists. We can claim that it did exist, say, a hundred million years ago (assuming that's how many light years away the galaxy is/was). Perhaps the pulsar fell into a black hole since then. We don't know, and science can't tell us, not unless we wait a hundred million years to find out, and I'd suggest that any project roughly a hundred times the age of our species isn't too likely to succeed. So science can't really tell us that the pulsar exists. But the pulsar may well exist, even if that fact is beyond the reach of science.

In short, science may be a huge help in identifying that which can be identified with certainty, but its innate caution prevents it from endorsing anything which can't be identified with certainty.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Cats. I mean, wtf ever happened to dominion over the animals? That sure ain't happening.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2013, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 10:43 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user