(21-10-2012 07:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  don't fuck off mad, just fuck off. Shy

...frequently.

As you were.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 08:20 PM

RE: God Exists: An Open Debate
(21-10-2012 08:09 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  egor I will read your book reviews and do exactly the opposite of what they tell me to do.

Uh...okay. Have fun with that. Chase
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 08:24 PM

(21-10-2012 08:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Sorry for the interruption....

I am using this:
(21-10-2012 07:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  don't fuck off mad, just fuck off. Shy

...frequently.

As you were.

Every now and then I can belch out a bumper sticker. Confused
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
21-10-2012, 08:27 PM
(21-10-2012 08:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 08:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not believing in God is rational; your beliefs based on no evidence are irrational.

How do you manage to write with such an effeminate lisp?

Ah, reduced you to insults. Excellent. I win, you lose.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
21-10-2012, 08:28 PM
(21-10-2012 08:24 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 08:20 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Sorry for the interruption....

I am using this:

...frequently.

As you were.

Every now and then I can belch out a bumper sticker. Confused
I hadda stop reading for a minute I got such a good laugh. Could totally imagine you with a straight face, moderately interested tone, and a little smirk at the end. Best damn part of the thread! Bowing

So many cats, so few good recipes.
21-10-2012, 08:34 PM
(21-10-2012 08:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  I must admit, I do fully realize my argument from psi phenomena is weak in that it is subjective, and as you say, unfalsifiable. I don't know why these things can't be duplicated. I have never been able to control when I will have a precognitive dream. I don't like them at all, so I don't try to have them.

But here's the thing. I have reported the dreams accurately to you. Yes, I could be lying to you. But they might be lying to us about global warming, or landing on Mars, or weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
I don't think that you're lying, I think that your reports are unreliable.

(21-10-2012 08:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  All I would ask is for the benefit of the doubt. If I am not lying, what do you make of the precognitive dreams? If you knew for a fact they occurred the way I reported them, would that have any impact on how you believe?
I might give it a second thought if it occured more than five out of about 10.000 times. The statistical significance of your precognition dreams is low enough to call it a mere coincidence. That and you probably don't remember all the times when you had precognition dreams and the predictions didn't came true due to your (possible) cognitive bias.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-10-2012, 08:41 PM
There's also the fact that most "precognitive" dreams are really just deja vu, which is really just a glitch in your brain's memory system.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
21-10-2012, 08:46 PM
(21-10-2012 07:50 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 11:54 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Any and all gods. As long as you believe that there is no omnipotent being that created the universe, you can be considered an Atheist. Note, you can concede the logical possibility, but as long as you don't consider it likely or prefer a different explanation you can call yourself an Atheist.*

If you don't know if there is such an omnipotent being or not and don't take a side, you're probably an Agnostic.

If you believe that there is such an omnipotent being that created the universe, but don't think he interferes in human affairs, you're a Deist.

If you believe that there is a god that created the universe, and that he has a plan for the human race, and rules, then you are a Theist.

If you believe in two or more "gods" or "beings" of great, but not necessarily omnipotent power that may or may not have created the universe, then you are a Polytheist.

If you believe that all human beings and (optionally) animals and (optionally) matter is part of one giant universal consciousness, then you are a Pantheist.

*(optionally an "Agnostic Atheist" if you're a pedant)

I'm an acosmic monist, actually.

Don't you think you should subsidise T.T.A. for helping you with ideas for your ghost stories, while at times insulting its members in the process?
21-10-2012, 08:58 PM
(21-10-2012 07:50 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 11:54 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Any and all gods. As long as you believe that there is no omnipotent being that created the universe, you can be considered an Atheist. Note, you can concede the logical possibility, but as long as you don't consider it likely or prefer a different explanation you can call yourself an Atheist.*

If you don't know if there is such an omnipotent being or not and don't take a side, you're probably an Agnostic.

If you believe that there is such an omnipotent being that created the universe, but don't think he interferes in human affairs, you're a Deist.

If you believe that there is a god that created the universe, and that he has a plan for the human race, and rules, then you are a Theist.

If you believe in two or more "gods" or "beings" of great, but not necessarily omnipotent power that may or may not have created the universe, then you are a Polytheist.

If you believe that all human beings and (optionally) animals and (optionally) matter is part of one giant universal consciousness, then you are a Pantheist.

*(optionally an "Agnostic Atheist" if you're a pedant)

I'm an acosmic monist, actually.

You can call yourself that, but as long as you call atheism a religion, I'm going to call you a pantheist, mkay?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
21-10-2012, 09:12 PM
(21-10-2012 08:46 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Don't you think you should subsidise T.T.A. for helping you with ideas for your ghost stories, while at times insulting its members in the process?
I don't think he owes us anything.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]