God Exists: An Open Debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2012, 07:05 AM
RE: God Exists: An Open Debate
(17-10-2012 11:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  1. There is a consciousness underlying the physical attributes of the universe. This consciousness must have always existed (eternally) and must still exist. This fundamental monistic consciousness I call "God."
You just made a positive claim for the existence of something.
Before you can go into this any further you first have to provide convincing evidence that this is so, or else everything that comes after is pointless.

(17-10-2012 11:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  2. I make no religious statement about God whatsoever. The only positive statement I make about God is what I stated in #1 above. For the record, I am personally nonreligious.
That's a personal opinion or preference statement. We can't confirm or deny any of it.

(17-10-2012 11:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  3. Atheism is the belief that there is no God (as god is described in #1 above) based on a lack of evidence for said God.
That was fixed above.
It's a lack of belief in a god, not a belief that a god does not exist.

[Image: 2aane4j.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2012, 10:40 AM
God Exists: An Open Debate
Has the OP disappeared?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
18-10-2012, 10:48 AM
(18-10-2012 10:40 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Has the OP disappeared?
Because he didn't respond to the replies within one day? Consider

Give him a break. There's no need to rush anything.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
18-10-2012, 10:52 AM

Lets keep in mind that the OP has been inundated with replies. Lets also keep in mind that Egor can't be expected to spend a whole lot of time on the forum just because we want answers to our questions.

Instead, why not stop reposting arguments that others have already made, and try to practice patience while we wait for Egor to reply. Because really, all we are doing at this point is muddling up the thread and preventing Egor from having the opportunity to look at each argument, and give it the merit it deserves.

(FYI, I'm not pointing fingers, or otherwise putting anyone down. I just want to remind people that sometimes, re-stating something that's already been said can just cause a lot of confusion. Let's give Egor a chance to respond now)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
18-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Heck with that. Let us eat cookies and throw rocks at each other.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-10-2012, 11:27 AM
(18-10-2012 11:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Heck with that. Let us eat cookies and throw rocks at each other.

Fuck that. We did that yesterday. Where were you? Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
18-10-2012, 11:30 AM
(18-10-2012 11:27 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 11:26 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Heck with that. Let us eat cookies and throw rocks at each other.

Fuck that. We did that yesterday. Where were you? Consider

Oh he was there! I distinctly remember him getting me in the forehead with a big rock.

Fuckin prophets. They always seem to get away with everything.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
18-10-2012, 11:30 AM
(18-10-2012 11:30 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 11:27 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Fuck that. We did that yesterday. Where were you? Consider

Oh he was there! I distinctly remember him getting me in the forehead with a big rock.

Fuckin prophets. They always seem to get away with everything.

I knew he was good at getting stoned, but I didn't know he stoned others.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-10-2012, 11:32 AM
(18-10-2012 10:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
Because he didn't respond to the replies within one day? Consider

Give him a break. There's no need to rush anything.

It's only been one day?? Brain....full......OW!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
18-10-2012, 11:35 AM
He's a busy guy. He has his career to deal with. Seriously. He is a psych RN, he probably is in management of THAT nut house, (and if not, and actually really dealing with those VERY difficult patients...man I could not do that for more than an hour, I would jump off the bridge MYSELF), then he comes here and has THIS nut house. And if you haven't seen his recent web site, he's turned what was once a quirky "thing", into a serious literary endeavor. I used to think he was a nut case. No longer. He's a bright guy. He wants our input. He respects us. He uses us to bounce stuff off. He's impatient with stupidity .. very much like many of us. He does not "suffer fools" well. I have grown to like him.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post